The Oneida ESC Group is a family of companies owned by the Oneida Nation of Wisconsin that delivers customer-focused engineering, science, and construction services worldwide.
Our family of companies include: Oneida ESC Group (OESC), Oneida Total Integrated Enterprises (OTIE), Mission Support Services (MS2), Sustainment & Restoration Services (SRS) and Oneida Engineering Solutions (OES). We integrate our staff for dedicated, cooperative, and business-like delivery of services to enhance our customers� missions.
Sustainment & Restoration Services (SRS) is an 8(a) firm that provides engineering, science, construction, munitions, and specialized professional services solutions for customers nationwide.
SRS has an immediate opening for a GIS Specialist / Statistical Data Analyst in our Walnut Creek, CA or Santa Barbara, CA office. This position has a tremendous opportunity for growth within the company and in the environmental restoration and remediation industry. The position will report to and receive mentoring from senior staff, and perform various tasks including but not limited to:
- Perform GIS and database design/management and integration using ArcGIS and ESRI software platforms to support visualization and interpretation of geospatial data
- Development and management of relational databases
- Build GIS platform for projects and managing large database to include, but not limited to utilizing Access, EQuIS, EDMS, Oracle, and SQL
- Ability to understand and manage metadata and spatial data requirements
- Create common GIS export products and visuals � figures, tables, analyses
- Ability to edit, manipulate, and analyze project data using GIS and similar products
- Provide QA/QC for data entry, exchange, review, and export
- Recognize and exceed project quality standards
- Perform statistical and geo-statistical data analyses for environmental datasets using ArcGIS, MS Office products, statistical programs, and others
- Understanding or strong willingness to understand of environmental data and projects
- Motivated to learn/apply new technologies and to optimize/advance the GIS and data management program within the company
Additional Desired Skills:
- Experience with 3D GIS (ArcScene) or integrated tools to create 3D visualizations or models
- Experience integrating with Adobe Illustrator or similar software to create communication aids (e.g. infographics, illustrations, videos, report graphics, etc.)
- Experience or familiarity with other software applications commonly used in the environmental consulting industry such as LeapFrog, GWSDAT, MAROS, GTS, Surfer, MVS, EVS, Rockworks, etc.
- Experience in environmental consulting industry
- Experience with python or other coding within ArcGIS
- Experience with ProUCL, R, and/or other statistical software
- Ability to integrate analyses into project documents
- Bachelor�s degree in GIS, Geography, Environmental Science or other related discipline. GIS certificate plus relevant experience may substitute for bachelor�s degree.
- 2-5 years of related GIS and data analysis experience
- Ability to work with multiple team members across multiple projects and manage/prioritize multiple deadlines
- Strong technical, analytical, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and solve problem