At Congruex, we value and embody Grit in everything we do, from external delivery to the customer to internal drive to succeed. The road to connectivity starts here.
It is our mission to singularly focus on driving the future of connectivity by providing the expertise, technology and resources necessary to build better networks.
The GIS Engineer I will participate in the development of our proprietary GIS software and related tools. Help to develop new tools, automations, and reports. Provide support for Ad Hoc requests including data exports and imports, data conversions, spatial queries, data automations, etc. Work on refining existing tool set. Interact with engineering department for various needs and support.
Job Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to):
This role will be responsible for controller functions including:
- Assist with coding of new tools and upgraded user interfaces
- Provide assistance on data completion and mapping exercises
- Complete data attribution on large data sets using various sources of truth as reference
- Provide support for automation tools and process improvement
- Support various requests including data exports and imports, data conversions, spatial queries, data automations, etc.
- Work on Ad Hoc reports as needed by Engineering department
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS related major preferred
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Strong knowledge of GIS design and implementation
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills
- Superior time management
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems
- Ability to maintain professional tact in a fast-paced work environment with internal personnel and clients
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to look at a computer screen for long periods of time.
- GRIT – Guts, Reliability, Innovation & Teamwork
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Competent in attribute and spatial queries in a given GIS system
- Capable of handling small GIS query requests and development projects with some oversight
- Some understanding of how GIS activities relate to end user interface
- Capable of performing ad-hoc requests for QA or Design services with some explanation and oversight
- Understands and follows design & quality standards
- Requires quality audits for consistency, but should not have basic errors
- Travel my be required at times for training purposes
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.