The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Global Broadcast Services (GBS) New Equipment Trainer who possesses at least a DoD Secret clearance. This position will support the Warfighter Readiness requirements providing Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in the design, development, delivery and maintenance of training curriculum for Warfighter Readiness systems. You will be part of a team that is responsible for designing, developing, and delivering PdM SATCOM training objectives.
New Equipment and Field Operations Support:
- Conduct New Equipment Training (NET) using approved curriculum.Training will include GBS overview, operational requirements, and basic system capabilities.
- Conduct installation and configuration of software updates as released.
- Provide technical support for evaluation and deployment of software and hardware upgrades to the GBS Receive Suite.
- Ensure curriculum is current to meet training objectives due to software updates and/or hardware changes.
- Support operational testing, developmental testing, and Instructor and Key Personnel Training efforts.
- Support the PM office in technical manual verification/validation when required.
- Assist GBS operators in troubleshooting software and/or hardware issues affecting operational status, ensure all Preventative Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS) procedures are accomplished, and assist in development of network connectivity requirements for operations in garrison as well as for developments during contingency operations.
- Coordinate with Government customers to prepare and maintain TPF and NET plans for current and future systems.
- Create customized training plans based on current systems, new system upgrades, and mission-specific requirements.
- Provide delivery of instruction through both field and classroom training/operation.
- When required, work will be completed at night and in inclement weather.
- When applicable, coordinate classroom set-up to support each individual class.
- Provide modernization instruction on the operations and maintenance of supported systems, standard and non-standard systems and equipment.
- Serve as primary fielders, installers, instructors, assistant instructors, and/or demonstrators.
- Participate in formal training and self-instruction / use on complimentary systems and protocols to increase the breadth of systems competency for training and fielding requirements.
- Continue education through self-study and other methods to maintain instructor certification status, as applicable.
- Trainers shall attend instructor qualification training or other specialized training conducted at various CONUS or OCONUS locations.
- Bachelors Degree and 2 or more years of experience with Global Broadcast Services(GBS) equipment. 4 additional years of experience can offset the degree requirements.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Valid US Passport
- Experience with over the shoulder and class room training.
- Must be able to travel CONUS and OCONUS to conduct unit NET.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.