Job Title-Global Category Manager (GCM) – Components and Specials
Requisition ID- 108440BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
San Jose or Sunnyvale / CMD
How will you make an impact?
The Global Category Manager is a high impact, highly visible position that will develop and execute global category plans under the strategic sourcing process for the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division (CMD).
What will you do?
- Primary owner for the supplier relationship and the category strategy.
- Drive all supplier activity within the category to deliver best cost, quality and supply chain performance
- Lead cross functional teams to select and implement suppliers from NPI to end of life
- Partner with NPI and design teams to present category strategies, supplier roadmaps & capabilities
- Provide supplier reviews, category inputs, and socialize category plans to stakeholders to mitigate supply chain risks and deliver preferred supply base solutions.
- Lead cost reduction initiatives from idea generation, approval and project implementation.
- Escalation point for the division to resolve quality and/or material corrective actions to support business objectives including customer service, on-time delivery, inventory turns and cost management.
How will you get here?
Bachelor’s Degree required (preferably in Business, Finance or Engineering)
- 5+ years specific category experience
- Strong knowledge of the strategic sourcing process and practical application of the process to sourcing projects and product design requirements
- Lead and influence cross-functional teams in a large matrix and global organizations
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Expert proficiency in Windows (Excel, PowerBi & PowerPoint) based office software.
- Demonstrated excellence and proficiency in Spend Analytics and eSourcing technologies and ERP systems.
- Strong communication skills, including excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills required
- Proven leadership ability and problem-solving skills are a must.
- >25% global travel
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.