Req. ID: 127387
Micron Technology’s vision is to transform how the world uses the information to enrich life and our commitment to people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions. This means conducting business with integrity, accountability, and professionalism while supporting our global community.
As a Manufacturing Central Team Planning Industrial Engineer at Micron Technology, Inc., you will be responsible for providing expertise, technical ability and globally recognized body of work to be considered an expert in their area of responsibility.
You will need to effectively lead complex projects from inception to completion which result in sustainable business processes that are globally deployed. These projects will be guided by Microns strategic objectives. You will drive continuous improvement by understanding the requirements of key stakeholders and directing worldwide subject matter experts in their efforts to meet business needs in a timely and efficient manner.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Fab Process Knowledge
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of wafer process and traveler flows for main products.
- Understand factory limitations.
- Define, plan, and manage the implementation of complicated projects (using a system like KT Project Management).
- Work across multiple teams, coordinate timelines, evaluate and communicate cost/risk, track performance/progress.
- Communicate the project progress regularly to stakeholders, team members, and sponsors
Planning Systems, Applications, Computer and Microsoft Office Skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of listed planning systems.
- Understands the interaction of planning systems and associated applications used within Micron.
- Look out for the opportunity for system enhancements. (i.e. PSSF, LPI, MICAP)
- Understand system interaction. Be adept at extracting data from various systems and provide prototype software solutions.
- Work on database design, web applications, information systems, and programming.
- Proactively uses computer skills to improve organizational efficiency.
- Utilize Office to develop presentations, manage projects and perform all other MI tasks in an effective manner.
- Demonstrate advanced ability in Excel and proficient in using VBA Macros to enhance and automate tasks.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Data Navigator in the Micron planning system.
- Perform GeRM Recipe Lookup in order to validate the accuracy of the PDM model.
- Use Data Navigator to validate workstation utilization data. Ability to export necessary data.
Operations Modeling - Model Maintenance
- Proficiently use Data Navigator to validate workstation utilization data. Ability to export necessary data.
- Maintain accurate model (process flow, model metrics, tool of record) across multiple functional areas.
- Be considered a primary functional area contact for groups outside of MI (OCT, R and D, and Fab Planners).
- Engage in constant communication with Fabs, R and D and OCT with transparent and comprehensive documentation.
- Clearly understand and document differences between POR, MOR and Fab models
- Utilize RPT models to validate R and D inputs and estimate production RPTs.
- Lead Fab alignment meetings.
- Provide guidance and training to other team members on effective modeling techniques.
- Quickly and accurately analyze the impacts of MOR changes Fab capacities.
- Influence POR based on efficiencies and/or financial impact.
- Drive improvements to the MOR business process.
Operations Modeling - Area Benchmarking / Optimization
- Maximize unit-capacity of installed equipment and optimize future equipment capital in Fabs.
- Perform a high-level Fab optimization (not limited to the functional area).
- Work with Fabs to document and close gaps between actual performance and world class performance.
- Participate in tool level optimization studies for throughput enhancements.
- Complete thorough financial analysis before new capital equipment is purchased which includes metrics optimization, process flexibility, capacity sharing, and used equipment.
- Drive area specific reuse activities between sites.
- Work continually with partners (KEG, R and D, Fabs) to understand the future tool and process roadmaps and integrate into Fab capacity planning. This includes used tool reallocation.
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of RPT calculating, filtrating and selecting.
Operations Modeling - Financial Analyses (CoO and NPV)
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge and ability to utilize existing CoO and NPV tools and templates for complex situations.
- Demonstrate strong data validation skills
- Provide guidance and training to other team members on effective use of these tools.
- Provide and evaluate modeling options that enable the lowest cost of operation.
- Recommend system improvements.
Engineering - Chemical
Engineering - Electrical
Engineering - Industrial
Production and Operations Management (POM)
3 years experience in any of the followin
- 4 years of experience with demonstrated success in gathering data, product and manufacturing, capacity planning, and lean manufacturing.
- 4 years of experience in tracking production peformance, equipment capability, and metrics and KPI's.
- Documented and proven experience in planning, leading and executing complex global projects.
- Be able to use experience gained from previous projects/initiatives to define and define future value-added projects that will progress the manufacturing capabilities of the world-wide factories.
- Be able to organize worldwide efforts to enable true benchmarking that leads to evolutionary and revolutionary changes in the manufacturing team’s data analysis capability.
- Is recognized as a content expert that has proven capability for instituting long term system level solutions for continuous improvement of area and FAB efficiency.
- Be able to organize efforts to address current and future constraints, and implements long term solutions.
- Be able to initiate and drives benchmark culture in the execution of manufacturing goals.
- Ability to provide long-term solutions through analysis of tactical duties by building business processes and systems around them.
- Actively lead and drives cross-functional continuous improvement projects.
- Lead worldwide efforts to implement solutions using formal problem solving and decision analysis techniques.
- Is a recognized content expert that has the capability to independently analyze knowledge gaps in the worldwide manufacturing engineering community and work with the global team to address those gaps.
As the leader in innovative memory solutions, Micron is helping the world make sense of data by delivering technology that is transforming how the world uses information. Through our global brands — Micron, Crucial and Ballistix — we offer the industry’s broadest portfolio. We are the only company manufacturing today’s major memory and storage technologies: DRAM, NAND, NOR and 3D XPoint™ memory. Our solutions are purpose built to leverage the value of data to unlock financial insights, accelerate scientific breakthroughs and enhance communication around the world.
Employee Rewards Program, Healthcare, Paid time off (Combined Sick and Vacation Time), Retirement savings plans, Paid maternity/paternity leave, Employee Assistance Program, Professional development training, Workplace wellness programs, Micron Health Clinic (Boise only), Fitness Center / Activity rooms (Boise only), Tuition Reimbursement, Micron Corporate Discounts, Casual Dress attire.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Boise || Idaho (US-ID) || United States (US) || Frontend Manufacturing || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-MW1 ||