Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Find out more about the Amgen science here: https://www.amgenscience.com/
We are building upon our solid oncology foundation and long-term commitment to patients by developing a whole new class of novel molecules across multiple therapeutic areas – and we need top talent to ensure these molecules become medicines and realize their potential for helping patients.
Responsible for delivering Amgen’s Global Clinical Trial portfolio, in a fast-paced, highly innovative and collaborative environment. The Global Clinical Trial Manager (GCTM) role sits in the Global Clinical Program Management (GCPM) function, alongside our team of Regional Clinical Trial Managers (RCTM) responsible for Clinical trial delivery at the regional/country level.
The GCTM reports into the Program and Resource Management Senior Manager role with project oversight performed by the Clinical Program Manager role.
Based in the Cambridge or Uxbridge office, the Global Clinical Trial Manager (GCTM) role is the lead of the cross-functional Clinical Study Team responsible for successfully delivering our exciting and innovative clinical trial portfolio on time and on budget and in accordance with quality standards. . In this highly rewarding role, no day will be the same and you will be at the forefront of innovative drug development.
Amgen’s product pipeline covers many Therapeutic areas, including: Oncology, Haematology, Bone, Neuroscience, Inflammation, Cardiovascular and Observational Research.
Summary of key responsibilities:
- Leader of the Clinical Study Team. Manage the conduct of clinical trials from study design through to close out at global level, ensuring the quality and scientific integrity of the trial in a Risk-Based Study Execution model
- Oversight of and close collaboration with study team members as well as cross functional stakeholders, through effective communication and proactive identification of opportunities as well as risks, management and mitigation to ensure timely and on-budget execution of clinical trial deliverables
- Leading the Clinical Study Team to drive effective decision making.
- Ensuring the conduct of studies in accordance with Regulatory Authorities, company SOPs and ICH-GCP guidelines including Trial Master File (TMF) Management, ensuring inspection readiness at all times.
- Perform risk assessment and develop risk mitigation strategies to support study delivery
- Effective management of vendors to the required standards
- Lead/support global process development and improvement activities
- Travel as required to support the execution of clinical studies as required
Location: Amgen UK Office Based (Uxbridge or Cambridge with some flexible working available)
Remuneration: Competitive salary and benefits package
- BA/BS/BSc or RN
- Global clinical project management experience
- Experience in oversight of external vendors (e.g. CROs, central labs, imaging vendors, etc.)
- Broad experience working in life sciences or medically related field, including general biopharmaceutical clinical research experience (clinical research experience obtained working on clinical trials in a biotech, pharmaceutical or CRO company)
- Knowledge of time, cost and quality metrics, Key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Extensive clinical research experience working in life sciences or medically related field, including general biopharmaceutical clinical research experience (clinical research experience obtained working on clinical trials in a biotech, pharmaceutical or CRO company)
- Experience in innovative trial design, adaptive trial design
- Experience in Oncology is preferred but not essential
Key Competencies for the role:
- Ability to lead and work effectively in a global team/matrix environment on multiple projects
- Analyze data to identify trends and patterns to support mitigation activities/actions
- Critical thinking and horizon scanning
- Problem solving
- Informed decision making
- Relationship Management and influencing skills
- Good prioritisation and time management
- Organizational and planning skills
- Strong IT skills to manage internal systems and reporting
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients..