The Global Commodity Manager is responsible for managing supplier relationships and developing global strategies across specific commodities to achieve the best value for Tenneco. This person will lead global cross-functional commodity teams to implement strategies, and will provide guidance to a global group (4-6) of commodity buyers, located in different locations and regions, working in related commodities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop in-depth commodity expertise; implement global commodity strategies for area of responsibility.
- Manage commodity savings and strategies for areas of responsibility.
- Scope is global and across business units
- Drive activity to identify and source low cost country suppliers.
- Prepare, present and negotiate proposals and long term commercial agreements in collaboration with exec. /commodity director.
- Drive improvement in BOS metrics (quality, delivery, service and cost) for specific commodities.
- Champion cross-functional VA/VE and TVM activity between Tenneco and suppliers.
- Ensure team and suppliers comply with Global Purchasing policies and procedures.
- Negotiate regional and global contracts.
- Leads by example in terms of focus on detail, execution of tasks and professional interaction with both internal and external contacts.
- Can analyze and define need for action and drive accountability with regard to supplier launch.
- Aggressively pursues objectives and tasks.
- Responsible to ensure buyers achieve commercial and timing objectives
- Responsible to ensure team is aligned with department and corporate goals, objectives and values.
- Explore and exploit opportunities within the supply base to support Tenneco business objectives.
- Ability to assess issues and develop action plans to bring quick and effective resolution.
- Special projects as assigned by Global Purchasing leadership.
- Willingness to travel as required; approximately 25 %.
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience required, in a Purchasing environment in the industry.
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies:
- Master degree in business technical discipline
- Automotive preferred.
- Solid negotiation skills & experience.
- Leadership capabilities over cross-functional teams, strong managerial skills.
- Corporate SCM experience with international business desired (LCC preferred.)
- Good coaching skills and able to make decisions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills and proven success working under pressure driving projects to closure.
- Strong ability to analyze financial and technical data.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Familiarity with drawings, specifications, materials and manufacturing processes.
- Language skills: English: oral and written. Dutch is an asset.
- Self-directed with the ability to work with all levels of the organization within multiple cross-functional areas.
- Solid computer, communication and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills; ability to drive results while maintaining smooth, constructive interactions on all levels.