Job Title: Global Director of Infrastructure
Location: Greater New York Area
Reports To: CIO
Others Served: Global Leadership team
The Director of Information Technology’s primary responsibility is to oversee and streamline global operations of the IT department and to ensure it aligns with the business objectives of the organization. The goals are to develop and manage an agile infrastructure to meet the evolving needs of the business and to establish and attain IT service level agreements for the user community within the organization.
Manage projects budgets up to $3m Manage Op-ex of $5m
Duties and Responsibilities
The Director of Infrastructure Technology’s primary responsibility is to oversee and streamline global operations of the IT department and to ensure it aligns with the business objectives of the organization. The goals are to develop and manage an agile infrastructure to meet the evolving needs of the business and to establish and attain IT service level agreements for the user community within the organization.
The Director of IT will plan, coordinate, direct, and design all operational activities of the IT department, as well as provide direction and support for IT solutions that enhance mission-critical business operations. The
Director of IT will work closely with decision makers in various departments and business units to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
Strategy & Planning
- Ability to define and implement multiyear strategic program and corresponding set of strategic goals
- Formulate and deploy short and long-term strategic plans for acquiring and enabling efficient and cost-effective information processing and communication technologies
- Manage IT department operational and strategic planning, including business requirements, project planning, organizing, complex contract negotiations and allocation of resources.
- Maintain ITIL Service Management best practices including: SPOC service desk, incident management, problem management, capacity management, change management and contingency management
- Continuously improve end user experience and minimize shadow IT through new tools and services.
- Define and communicate project milestones, service level agreements, and resource allocation to CIO, department leads, support staff, and end users through use of industry standard project planning methodologies.
- Develop and review budgets for and from IT department divisions and ensure they comply with stated goals, guidelines, and objectives.
- Review performance of IT systems to determine operating costs, productivity levels, and upgrade requirements.
- Benchmark analyze report on, and make recommendations for the improvement of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Develop bid requirements for all hardware and software upgrades, review submitted bids for compliance with stated requirements and makes the appropriate award.
- Authorize and oversee the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, and support of all hardware and software based on department needs.
- Direct research of potential technology solutions and implementation of Infrastructure technologies, including: LAN/WAN, Server, Communications, VOIP, Telephony and virtualization to leverage technology to support business initiatives.
- Oversee provision of internal and/or outsourced end-user services, including service desk and technical support services.
- Safeguard company data to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability through backup strategies, patch management, anti-virus, firewalls and content filtering technologies.
- Develop and implement all IT policies, procedures, and governance including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Oversee negotiation and administration of vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Develop and manage Global IT infrastructure staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions in a proactive process-oriented organization.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Directly or indirectly assist in delivery of all aspects of IT services and systems by collaborating and supporting the applications and business intelligence teams.
- Follows internal controls and company policies as set by company and job function.
- Contributes to the success of company by leading or assisting with other projects and tasks as assigned.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business management and/or related discipline
- 15 years related work experience required.
- ITIL certification, PMP are desirable along with security certification such as CISSP highly desirable
- Master’s degree preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
- 15 years of experience managing and/or directing an IT operation in an international environment.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure tactical and strategic planning and development, project management, and policy development.
- Good understanding and technical knowledge of current network and PC operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards, including LAN, WAN, VOIP, telephony, active directory, virtualization, server and client operating systems.
- Knowledge of managing cloud infrastructure including public cloud, private cloud and co-location datacenters
- Knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems.
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Global experience is a must
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Additional nice to have’s
- Experience developing web applications using the Microsoft stack (MS SQL Server, IIS, .NET framework, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, C# or VB.NET)
- Experience designing and supporting sales and service process and supporting processes for a B2B, B2C site that integrates with an SAP backend. Key areas of focus are:
- Order to cash, Product availability, price, online payment processing and warranty and service processes.
- Windows Server 2012, 2012R2 and 2016.
- SQL for non-SAP applications
- SAP ECC with Oracle DB
- Clients are Windows 10 Enterprise with Office 2016 click to run edition.
- Office 365 E3 licenses for all clients with EMS3 add on.
- AT&T MPLS
- VMware for virtualization at the Colo and Hyper-V everywhere else
- PowerShell would be useful
- SCCM, SCOM, SCUP, SCSM, SCVMM
plus 15% to 20% bonus