As the largest, privately owned banknote substrate-maker in the world and a leading security feature developer, Crane Currency has won international acclaim for innovation and product development. We are a pioneer in advanced micro-optics technology for securing banknotes, offering features that do not exist elsewhere. A strong, stable organization with a firm commitment to collaboration and growth, we invite you to join us for a fulfilling career opportunity as Director of Global Research & Development.
Leadership is Currency at Crane
This challenging role is key in leading the development for new products, product enhancements and product redesign to be utilized in banknote, banknote paper, and anti-counterfeit security features.
We are seeking a proven leader who is familiar with evaluating the potential and practicality of products in development and relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. The right candidate should be comfortable leading others and exercising independent judgment to perform the responsibilities of the position.
- Oversee the development of new products and lead a team of functional and site managers spanning three US and one international site.
- Responsible for developing products utilizing cross-functional teams made up of marketing, R&D, operations, sales, and finance.
- Utilize a phase gated development framework to meet overall product quality, manufacturability, cost, and time-to-market goals.
- Oversee project metrics, expenses, and performance measures. Track progress to plan and accurately communicate project status to leadership.
- Strengthen an organizational bench of chemists, chemical engineers, process engineers, systems engineers, materials scientists, and optics individuals through organizational development, mentoring, and training programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering. MBA or equivalent highly preferred.
- 15+ years’ experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Experience in coating, printing, web handling and continuous flow processes strongly desired.
- Track record of driving high performance product and teams globally.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple activities and projects.
- Strategic vision and strong analytical skills.
- Process orientation; demonstrated ability to develop repeatable processes or improve existing processes in and out of product development.
- Strong leadership and team-building skills. Open and collaborative style; must be comfortable working in an environment where ideas are shared and challenged.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead others without formal authority while maintaining effective work relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Energy and enthusiasm; willing to be held accountable and willing to hold others accountable.
- PMP or equivalent certification preferred; six sigma green or black belt a plus.
Applicants must be United States citizens. The person selected for this position will need to demonstrate suitability for employment in a position of Public Trust consistent with our US Government contract requirements.
Crane is a Drug Free Workplace.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vet/Disab