Global Enrollment Management Specialist
Schedule:M-F, 8.30a.m. 4.30p.m, 37.5 hours per week with a 30 minute lunch break, including occasional evening work and/or seasonal travel to regional consulates/study abroad fairs as defined by the needs of the department and/or organization/position requirements.
Reports to: Manager, Global Enrollment Management
Direct reports: None
Start date: ASAP
Location: Chicago, IL
Everything we do is about the IES Abroad student. Our profoundly passionate team of study abroad professionals believes in creating once-in-a-lifetime educational adventures that transcend expectations. Our goal is to rock the world of some 9,500 study abroad students every year.
From our headquarters in Chicago to our 400 study abroad programs in 85 global locations worldwide, we create authentic global education and life-affirming cultural experiences. We work at IES Abroad because we believe that every student should have the opportunity to go abroad - especially in a fun, safe, and superior academic and cultural environment.
We believe so strongly in the power of our program, that we actively recruit students from diverse populations and provide more than $5 million in scholarships year after year. We are proud that our students are as diverse and exciting as the countries we study.
We're not ashamed to admit, we're a little bit obsessed with study abroad.
Summary of position:
The Global Enrollment Management (GEM) Department serves all students who apply and/or are admitted to IES Abroad programs, and those who apply to SAF programs. Each student demands unique services and requires a thorough review of application materials and a timely admissions decision. Serving students also includes the collecting, organizing, and clarifying of data and information throughout the pre-departure process so that it is clear, informative, and adds value to the study abroad experience.
- Serve as contact in GEM department providing exceptional service to students, university coordinators, other internal departments, international country offices, and IES Abroad Centers
- Act as admissions officer for assigned programs by maintaining admissions requirements and reviewing applications within department's specifications for timeline and quality
- Maintain student data in database and client relations management system
- Manage visa-related content, collaborate with consulates and embassies to provide accurate visa application instructions and visa documentation to admitted students, and review and submit student visa applications to consular officials
- Review high volume of online admissions and pre-departure forms and approve them for Center access
Experience & Qualifications/Skills:
- Minimum two years data entry or administrative experience, with CRM database literacy preferred
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and to meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and customer focus
- Strong attention to detail with the capacity to maintain accurate records
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced, frequently changing environment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage and review high volumes of sensitive documents
- Study abroad experience helpful
- Knowledge of or experience with Chinese, Japanese, and Korean language and culture a plus
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
How to Apply:
All applicants should submit an application including cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by clicking 'Apply Now' at the right hand side of this page.
Please visitwww.IESabroad.org/jobsfor more information about working at IES Abroad.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Treating all people with respect is at the core of who we are.
As an equal opportunity employer, we recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), disability, age, veteran status, citizenship, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information and/or other protected status as required by applicable law.
When you join IES Abroad, you're part of a diverse community of global leaders who know that our differences in skills and backgrounds are just as important as our shared passions and mission. Surrounded by a mix of talented professionals, you find yourself wanting to come to work, and, more importantly, wanting to stay and advance our mission together.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties above are not to be considered a complete list of duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.