Hill+Knowlton Strategies is one of the world’s leading global communications consultancies, providing services to global, multinational, and local clients through more than 85 offices around the world, in over 40 markets. We are part of WPP, one of the world’s largest publicly traded communications services groups.
H+K is at once synonymous with the creation and evolution of the public relations industry. Drawing on a significant heritage of nearly one hundred years of service, coupled with a spirit of unbridled creativity and innovation, we are redefining ourselves internally and externally. We are intently focused on the role we will play in the future of commerce and society by innovating the future of public relations.
We are also committed to an ambitious effort to significantly grow our global scale, services, and solutions. H+K is renewing its business strategy, brand, and reach. Technology and data are transforming the world with increasing speed and impact, and the communications services that H+K provides are the essential agent for the success of our varied and powerful clients. Our opportunities are vast and growing.
In a time of acute change across the world, we are focused on ensuring that current and future clients are well positioned to protect and grow value, keep their employees safe and protected and to create a brighter future for their stakeholders through their partnership with us.
Our renewal is advancing how we conduct brand and marketing communications and corporate and public affairs, underpinned by a commitment to a strong technology strategy and a differentiating culture. Our progress in each of these areas builds value for our clients, firm, and employees.
What we are looking for:
The Global Executive Assistant provides executive, administrative and development support for key members of the Global Leadership Team including our Global Chair of Corporate Affairs, the Global Head of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and the Global Head of Strategic Initiatives. Working closely with H+K’s leadership team, key contacts within WPP, clients and other internal and external parties, this role serves as the primary point of contact for all matters pertaining to these individuals. It serves as an internal liaison; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects and events.
This newly created role requires an ability to prioritize and accomplish a high volume of important, highly sensitive and confidential information and activities simultaneously. Precise attention to detail, coupled with creative problem solving and superior communication skills is required.
This position reports to the Chief of Staff to the CEO, or their designee. It is based in New York, NY, and works across H+K’s 80+ offices in 40+ countries globally. Domestic and international travel will be infrequent but may be required.
Here’s what you will be doing:
- Assist the executives with daily administrative duties and complete a broad variety of tasks that include managing an active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas and compiling documents for meetings.
- Communicate with H+K staff, clients, the press and other key stakeholders on the executive’s behalf.
- Conduct research on prospective corporate and executive activities, such as identifying and evaluating current needs, and make recommendations.
- Draft reports, letters, proposals, spreadsheets and charts; maintain databases; prepare and coordinate oral and written communication with internal and external parties at all levels.
- Support the Executives in external commitments related to H+K, including service on external clients, committees, and other groups.
- Coordinate and manage internal and external events such as corporate town halls and client meetings, overseeing all calendaring, communication, technology, logistics and related follow-up activities.
- Arrange hotel, travel, meals, and other items for clients and other guests of the executives both domestically and internationally.
- Liaise directly with senior members with WPP, maintaining confidential files and contact information, coordinating meetings, conferences, and committees both on and off site to support the executives’ agenda.
- Participate as an adjunct member of H+K’s leadership team as needed, including assisting in coordinating event logistics, attending meetings, taking notes, and following up on assigned action items.
- Help coordinate and facilitate internal events for H+K and/or the executives, providing technical, agenda, coordination, materials, catering or other support.
- Help create, edit and finalize materials on behalf of the supported executives or others in the organization, as needed.
- Be an active member of the executive team at H+K.
What you’ll need to get here:
- Five or more years of experience supporting multiple executives simultaneously within a complex global client service organization.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, clients, external vendors, and other interested parties.
- Driven to diplomatically and constructively ensure objectives are met.
- Ability to appropriately flex your working and communication style or tone based on the changing and diverse needs of the receiving party, including other c-level executives, board members, and senior clients and candidates.
- Proficiency in Windows, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to conduct research and present data in a succinct and well-written manner.
- Ability to work independently and with professional utmost discretion.
- Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, organizational and research skills.
- Ability to work with a broad range of people globally, with cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Excellent management, time-management and problem-solving skills.
- Occasionally work flexible hours, including the occasional weekend, early morning or evening hours as the executives’ travel or schedule requires.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
We believe that every corporation, every brand, every client has a public and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEO’s, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
Join our team and harness the power of the public.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hill+Knowlton Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.