Global Head of Planning and Delivery for Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), A Fortive operating company (NYSE: FTV). This role is a natural spring board for Vice President or Platform Leader opportunities and is instrumental in delivering on our mission to protect patients during their most critical moments.
ASP is growing, and we need a Global Head of Planning and Delivery to lead and direct the success of ASP’s operations; specifically related to demand planning, supply chain and logistics to impact quality, delivery and cost. Moreover, to drive continuity of operations; to address challenged interfaces and ultimately achieve scalable profitability and growth. This vital player is responsible for multi-site warehouse and logistics operations in a business that includes both low volume/high mix and high volume/low mix product lines. As our Head of Planning and Delivery you will drive the ASP culture and promote excellence and engagement through the application of the Fortive Business System (FBS) principles including safety, quality, delivery, productivity and profitability, all while enabling our business strategy and meeting all internal, legal and regulatory requirements. You will have both a day-to-day and ongoing impact on operations, demand planning, logistics and supply chain, helping us to analyze, strategize, scale and ultimately delight our customers.
Our Global Head of Planning and Delivery must be an exceptional business partner with an unparalleled ability to work collaboratively and cross functionally with key internal stakeholders such as the regional sales and manufacturing leaders. Furthermore, the successful candidate will have the ability to function at a broad-based, strategic level while being capable of driving detailed, tactical execution. As a leader in our well-sized and nimble operating company, you must be comfortable in a leadership role that demands clear communication, adaptability, influence, and a fluid intersection of strategy and execution.
The Global Head of Planning and Delivery will report directly to ASP VP of Global Operations, Luigi Sorrentino. This individual will manage a global demand planning, supply chain and logistics organization of 30+ employees and growing. Ideally, this role will be based in Irvine, CA or Schaffhausen, Switzerland.
Specific to ASP:
• Experience in the dynamic and heavily regulated world of healthcare.
• Demonstrated success in delivering exceptional results in the face of ambiguity and constant change. ASP is a carve-out from Johnson & Johnson with an estimated 12-months more of integration/stand-up activities. Experience leading 1. project management, 2. operational execution, and 3. strategic delivery simultaneously, with excellence.
• Continuous improvement mindset to embed team adoption and utilization of Fortive Business System tools to deliver breakthrough and incremental performance improvements.
• Identifies, recruits, develops, and retains high potential talent. Drives the continuous development of the organization and employees. Rapidly identifies and top-grades weak performers.
• Bias for action, there’s a need for outstanding sense of urgency. Plan & execute accurate, complete, and reliable work outputs. Demonstrate grit and tough-mindedness. Courage and conviction to make difficult decisions swiftly and data-convinced.
• Highly collaborative as means to achieve organizational impact. Establishes credibility, communicates, and executes a vision that mobilizes others to lean into that direction. Provides positive influence outside of Operations function. Empowers and holds others accountable.
• Demand Planning – Manage processes for regional demand planning, inventory management and assessment; production forecasting; ensure on time, in budget, high quality delivery of products and services to ASP customers around the globe; monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting; long-range overall operations planning and analysis. Monitor performance with appropriate metrics for tracking growth, profitability, expenses and productivity. Deliver innovative, high value-added logistics information and corrective measures for strategic decision making. Drive culture of customer obsession through voice of the customer (VOC), problem solving and quality initiatives to exceed customer expectations.
• Organization Development – Establish and maintain strong relationship across the organization. Act as a strategic business partner to identify business needs and seek a full range of business solutions. Own the consolidation, movement and standup of warehouses and logistics centers; develop strategic alliances and partnerships to further growth-related initiatives.
• Talent – Drive organizational talent agenda through development, retention, and recruitment efforts for the supply chain, logistics and demand planning function. Set departmental goals, metrics, and targets aligned and in support of operational objectives at all levels of the business and proactively drive business performance. Increase management effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, training and coaching managers and holding them accountable to their role as managers; communicate values, strategies and objectives; assign accountabilities.
• Logistics - Build the strategy and lead the global distribution, logistics, & supply functions; rationalize the logistics footprint of ASP to ensure efficient product delivery capabilities while significantly reducing associated inventory requirements. Reduce the number of logistics centers while retaining a high fill rate.
• Supply Chain - Develop critical enterprise supply chain initiatives by employing best practices and strategies, ensuring effective implementation and execution; global implementation of distribution best practices such as systems integration and optimization, inventory control, and SKU optimization. Lead management routines to monitor core supply chain performance, including delivering against product and service level agreements and cost objectives with increasing visibility and effectiveness as well as support growth through best practices.
• Strategic Planning – Develop and design best-in-class operations organization, processes and procedures based on expert understanding, industry experience and insights into future direction. Partner for commercial execution, utilize supply chain, logistics and demand planning information to develop strategic insights relevant to the current and future state of the business, as well as drive change to create a competitive advantage for the company. Identify trends and provide proactive recommendations on improvement of operational performance. Establish effective, integrated operations and supply chain processes, including state-of-the-art lean management principles and methodologies.
• Day-to-Day Leadership – Direct and lead overall management of global logistics & warehouse supply chain operations; review and approve adequate plans for control of planned production, budget spending, labor efficiency, material efficiency, engineering effectiveness, and supply chain efficiency. Lead the site strategy to ensure that our global footprint is designed to support the current business and future acquisitions. Direct, plan and implement strategy, policies, objectives and operational activities and internal control procedures for the business unit in accordance with the overall strategy of the company to achieve profitability, growth and operational results. Develop and administer budgets, plans and performance requirements linked to safety, quality, delivery and cost. Ensure a smooth-carve out of ASP’s operations from the previous owner’s systems and sites.
• Internal Controls – Ensure effective internal controls are in place supporting compliance with dangerous goods labels and applicable federal, state, and local regulatory laws and rules.
• Reporting and Analysis – Timely and accurate reporting and analysis, both written and oral, of supply chain and associated business information to internal, external, and regulatory constituencies.
Are you an experienced demand planning leader that demonstrates personal characteristics including high energy, tenacity, commitment to excellence, strong leadership, and a focus on ownership and accountability? Great candidates think like business owners and drive results; look at a challenge, define what is broken and build the solution. If you are the ideal candidate, you will have had a high velocity of career progression suggestive of additional runway. You will be prepared to develop alongside the business which is expected to grow significantly in the next few years.
• Demonstrated ability to build and lead high performing demand planning, supply chain and logistics teams.
• Ability to think strategically and operationally; proven leader of organizational change with strong sense of ownership and accountability.
• Ability to identify process improvements, setting clear objectives and apply operational best practices.
• Proven enterprise industrial operations leader with global experience delivering methodologies such as Lean/Six Sigma.
• Will have demonstrated successful implementation of lean manufacturing principles, demand planning, supply chain and logistics internationally and across multiple sites.
• Ability to successfully collaborate across functional and global teams.
• Ability to analyze data and performance to drive business results.
• Understands the business environment to lead creative planning and to prioritize at a strategic level.
• Ability to work with a sense of focused urgency in a challenging and dynamic environment.
• 15+ years in a fast-moving, heavily regulated healthcare environment where business complexity, international growth, customer relationships, and efficient operations were keys to success.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal).
• Excellent analytical skills, with high attention to detail.
• Bachelors of Arts or Science degree in Business, Engineering, Operations or related field is required.
• MBA or Masters of Science in Supply Chain, Engineering, Management or Operations disciplines; or equivalent Masters level degree is preferred
Fortive is a global family of more than 20 industry-leading industrial growth and technology companies, united by a shared purpose: to make the world stronger, safer, and more effective by providing essential technology for the people who accelerate progress. Here, you get the excitement of a “startup” with the stability and predictability of an organization strongly grounded in its roots and with a proven track record of growth. There’s no limit to what you can learn, or the impact you can make: for you, for us, for growth.
Come join our team at Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP) and be part of a global leader in infection prevention solutions for the healthcare industry. With advanced products, technologies, and workflows for medical sterilization and disinfection, ASP is dedicated to defending the lives of patients, families, healthcare workers, providers, and communities. Add your talent to our extraordinary team and help us in our mission to make healthcare safer for everyone. ASP is based in Irvine, California with core sites in Everett, Washington and Schaffhausen, Switzerland plus many more offices around the world.
"The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as a Fortive Company. Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1-866-272-5573 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation."