Position at Ingram Micro
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world's largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
The Global IoT team enables innovation within Ingram Micro by challenging the status quo, sourcing ideas from across its entire ecosystem of vendors and customers, and leveraging its massive assets and capabilities to design and build new business offerings from scratch.
The Senior Marketing Manager has a comprehensive understanding of marketing trends, strategies , tactics and how they drive business growth. Th is position serves as the team's marketing leader and will drive Global IoT messaging, create compelling content and build strategic marketing programs to generate global awareness. The Senior Marketing Manager will develop a marketing plan that executes on the strategic goals of the Global IoT team . This role will be hands on and responsible for day to day m arketing activities , including communications, collateral, events and providing insights on how to drive and deliver marketing success .
This person will be responsible for four key areas: 1) Marketing Roadmap , 2) Experiential Initiatives, 3) C ontent & C ollateral, and 4) G eneral M arketing & D emand Generation .
Working closely with Global IoT leadership, this person will establish a detailed marketing plan that help s Global IoT achieve its strategic goals .
E xperiential Initiatives
Serve as the team's marketing strategist for the Ingram Micro IoT Customer Experience Center . Lead idea generation , collaborate internally and externally with leading technology companies to identify, design and implement creative IoT experiences within the facility . Implement and oversee marketing deliverables to build meaningful and innovative engagement . Primary point of contact for events that the Global IoT team will attend, sponsor or host. Establish holistic sponsorship programs to stimulate investment in regions of interest. Plan and manage a schedule of events while working with various teams on sponsorship s , budget and logistics for the Ingram Micro IoT Summit and other important events. Identify best industry and partner events to attend and/or sponsor.
Content & Collateral
Oversee and execute the creation and delivery of dynamic Global IoT content and collateral, including materials for the Ingram Micro IoT Marketplace. Own the development of value propositions, core content, marketing and messaging. Assist with content creation and media collection from IoT vendors for the IoT Marketplace and other marketing initiatives . Provide input on IoT Marketplace style, layout, copy and keyword analysis while owning the overall messaging and content. E stablish collateral needs and assist with collateral development such as videos, case studies, whitepapers, blogs, presentations, demos, how to guides , etc., to be used on the web, during live events and in campaigns . Coordinate with digital marketing, design teams and corporate communications on creating content to promote Ingram Micro's IoT business.
General Marketing a nd Demand Generation
Collaborate with various stakeholders on marketing IoT through marketing channels , demand generation campaigns, lead follow up and other revenue-driving initiatives utilizing key outreach vehicles . Coordinate with internal teams to execute email campaigns, webinars and social media plans across platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube. Work with vendor teams on co-marketing initiatives to drive awareness and sales through Ingram Micro IoT.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing , Technology or related field.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in Product Marketing, Product Management, Marketing Communications, and/or Event Management.
- Preferred candidates will have experience building / executing a marketing plan and possess familiarity with High Tech products/services, the Internet of Things, industrial automation or embedded devices products/services.
- A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and association with industry-leading products / services.
- Demonstrated ability in crafting and developing influential , audience-specific messages and tools .
- Proven track record in delivering clear, concise content for websites and social media.
- Accomplished range of skills from high - level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution.
- Excellent project management and coordination skills to manage multiple work streams simultaneously.
- Superior presentation, written and verbal skills to support collateral development, press releases, blogs and other content delivery .
- Excellent communicator who can drive consensus, work across departments and maintain strong relationships with other teams .
- Ability to research, analyze and summarize information.
- Previous experience with Marketing Automation platforms.
- Proficiency in HTML, Adobe Creative Cloud and other design programs.
- Ability to travel 10 -20 %