Tenneco, Inc. has recently acquired Federal Mogul. The strategic combination of Tenneco’s Ride Performance business with Federal-Mogul’s Motorparts business will establish a global aftermarket leader with an impressive portfolio of some of the strongest brands in the aftermarket including Monroe®, Walker®, Wagner®, Champion®, Fel-Pro® and MOOG®. The company’s broader aftermarket product coverage, stronger distribution channels, and enhanced channel development will strengthen its position in established and high growth markets (China and India), and drive success through new mobility models and capturing evolving e-commerce opportunities.
We are looking for a Leasing Analyst to join our Global Leasing team. This new position includes responsibility for supporting the overall functions of the Company’s global lease accounting team. This position assists managing our lease accounting system and the period-end close responsibilities related to leases and will lead the continuity of DRiV’s compliance with ASC 842 post spin. They will also provide assistance with other accounting projects and processes as needed. The Leasing Analyst will be a valued member of the Corporate Finance group where we strive to promote from within wherever possible; therefore, opportunities for advancement are strong.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You’ll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Assist the global lease accounting process, including the period-end close and preparation of SEC reporting disclosures.
- Key contributor to the ongoing processes for global policy setting on leasing.
- Advise controllership team of the impact of changes in reporting guidance issued by the FASB and SEC relating to lease accounting.
- Coordinate with business management and accounting on leasing matters, including support for Legal, Tax, FP&A and Operational teams.
- Support compliance with internal controls and work with internal and external auditors on all matters relating to leasing.
- Complete technical accounting projects for the controllership group as assigned.
- Cross-train with other accounting analysts to develop expertise in the overall financial close process and ensure continuity.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from accredited university, Masters preferred
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in public accounting and/or large public company environment, global manufacturing preferred
- Experience with leases and knowledge of ASC 842 preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with standard concepts, practices and procedures of public company accounting
- Advanced skills in Excel and MS Office suite required with experience in Visual Lease, SAP, HFM/OneStream consolidation systems preferred
- Must be a team player with excellent written, interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be an innovative change agent