Global Logistics Manager19004847United States-Texas-HoustonPurchasing Procurement
Under general direction of the VP of Supply Chain, the Global Logistics Manager has the a lead role in defining and implementing Valve Automation worldwide logistics policies and practices and programs to ensure effective compliance to all applicable import/export regulatory requirements. The position serves as a resource to multiple Valve Automation domestic and global manufacturing sites to provide technical expertise in supporting the resolution of logistics related issues.
- Participate on Emerson company-wide Mode Teams to contribute to the creation and implementation a common logistics vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to optimize, tension (through company-wide internet reverse auctions), contract providers and leverage transportation spend.
- Develop and execute procedures related to transportation operational movements through the Emerson Supply Chain Optimization program, which utilizes a single company-wide instance of the Oracle’s Transportation Management System to ensure each shipment is tendered to the most cost-effective mode, service level and provider to meet the shipments required delivery date, tracks shipment status, improves utilization and optimizes/consolidates shipments across a company-wide cross dock network.
- Oversee the financial payment to providers through the Emerson Freight Audit Payment program which centrally audits, pays and provides freight financial reporting
- Lead complex business process improvements and technology implementations supporting existing operations, customer service, material flow, and transportation.
- Drive strategic improvement in logistics and supply chain management through statistical analysis.
- Manage custom brokers/freight forwarders to ensure that import and export documentation is completed properly.
- Responsible for managing and overseeing Duty Drawback Program.
- Monitor quality, quantity, delivery times, and transport costs
- Recommend optimal shipment frequency
- Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery
- Review impact of logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or carriers
- Assess and make recommendations for logistics processes in potential new facilities or plants and advise of cost implications and efficiency
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and identify inefficiencies and cost optimization
- Plan, manage and evaluate logistics operations coordinating with internal stakeholders, suppliers, logistics providers, transportation companies and customers
- Deliver solutions to logistics problems while maintaining high levels of quality and service within budgetary requirements
- Support new business initiatives and projects and contribute to review meetings and change process
- Analysis of alternative transportation strategies, freight routs, back haul optimization, and freight supplier performance.
- Conduct business in a manner consistent with company policies and procedures including Emerson Business Conduct Guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.