Amphenol Pcd is looking for an experienced Global Operations Manager for our Beverly, MA location.
Amphenol Pcd (APcd) is a Division of Amphenol Corporation (www.amphenol.com - NYSE:APH), one of the largest manufacturers of interconnect products in the world. At APcd, we are dedicated to providing users in the Commercial and Military-Aerospace markets with a wide variety of high reliability, high performance connectors and rugged system packages. The primary end markets for our products are commercial and military aerospace, military ground vehicles, military electronics and communications, industrial applications and shipboard applications.
As our Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the success of Amphenol Pcd's overall operational performance and oversee aspects of its day-to-day operation across multiple plants. You will be responsible for manufacturing interconnect products and direct activities so that these products are delivered on schedule while meeting the quality standards and cost requirements of the company. You will develop performance goals and long-term operational plans, including setting strategic actions to support business objectives.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
• Develop and oversee the company's strategy related to purchasing, sourcing, supply chain, planning, assembly, and manufacturing to ensure growth of products and/or programs that will maximize output and minimize costs.
• Implement and monitor goals and targets, track progress, and overcome obstacles to support and meet business objectives and key initiatives (revenue, cost, margin, expense, profit).
• Lead, direct, and manage staff in manufacturing locations in a) Beverly, MA, USA; b) Shenzhen, China; c) Montreal, QC, Canada. Participate in day-to-day decision making and guiding the team to the proper resolution of issues or concerns.
• Support and strengthen working relationships with internal and external contract manufacturer's located worldwide (India, Mexico, Philippines, Thailand, New Zealand).
• Establish new manufacturing capabilities in lower cost areas domestically.
• Build and maintain relationships with all functional department heads, sister divisions, and suppliers to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals in support of customers and revenue.
• Plan, monitor, and analyze key metrics for the day-to-day performance of the operations including, but not limited to, on-time delivery, labor productivity, inventory turns, scrap, quality, and safety.
• Seek and identify opportunities for improvements, propose actions to be taken, and promote productivity and efficiency through lean manufacturing methodologies and continuous improvement initiatives.
• Identify, qualify, and implement lower cost suppliers overseas and domestically and understand and negotiate supplier agreements and contracts.
• Participate in new product development process ensuring that products meet the customer requirements, are launched in a timely manner and at the required cost.
• Motivate employees, foster departmental cooperation and communication, observe and promote company policies and procedures.
• Travel required at least 20% to visit other plant locations and suppliers.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• At least 10 years of experience working in manufacturing environment, preferably in the military and aerospace industry
• At least 10 years of experience managing and supervising diverse staff
• Experience with outsourcing or offshoring of manufacturing operations
• Ability to travel internationally
• Ability to understand commercial, quality and technical requirements
• Understanding of Quality Systems and Standards (ISO:9000 and/or AS9100)
• Excellent organizational and oral communication skills
• Proficient in MS Office suite – strong Excel skills (pivot tables, graphs, charts)
• Knowledge of various ERP systems and their functionalities
• Fluent in English
Bachelor's degree in relevant field; Master's degree in Business Administration preferred
The candidate must be legally able to work in the United States; we are unable to provide sponsorship. Position requires candidate to be a U.S. person as defined in ITAR, 22 CFR 120.15 (U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien Status) and defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a) (20).
Amphenol PCD is a proud Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.