GLOBAL PROCUREMENT ? SOURCING ASSOCIATE
Sourcing Specialist leads sourcing and contracting processes for large/ complex categories, and is responsible for key deliverables within category strategy development for larger categories with complex scope. The incumbent also leads select Supplier Relationship Management processes in alignment with Business Partnering & Strategy within Strategic Sourcing & Procurement.
The role requires strong analytical skills and deep understanding of Total Cost of Ownership for assigned categories in order to generate strategic industry insights and identify category opportunities and competitive advantage for the Client.
This role requires strong ability and experience leading cross-functional teams remotely, working with business partners and suppliers, and managing multiple, shifting priorities on a daily basis with minimal guidance.
Leads/supports execution of sourcing projects in collaboration with Procurement category owners and sourcing managers. Major responsibilities and accountabilities include:
- Support and/or lead execution of procurement plans depending on category/project complexity.
? Assist with identification & screening/ selection of potential sources and recommend appropriate sourcing method.
- Assist with preparation of competitive go-to-market events (solicitation of bids, quotations and proposals) with pertinent specifications, terms and conditions.
- Evaluate proposals, create scoring criteria for the team, help assess risk and align team to a recommendation for the overall best offer for a product or service.
- Assist in the preparation of and/ or issue contracts and SOWs (or large purchase orders) for legal review and approval.
- Maintain agreement files as required.
- As part of implementation, review availability and/or pricing information with supplier(s).
- Provide internal and market analytics to support capture of best value for the Client.
- Identify and work with business partners and external consultants to identify synergy opportunities.
- Understand Indirect service requirements and translate them into Indirect sourcing events/ projects including (but not limited to) RFx's, Targeted Negotiations, Master Service Agreements and/ or Statements of Work.
- Work collaboratively with Business Partners, Category and Functional Leaders to achieve strategic objectives.
- Partner with Strategic Sourcing & Procurement and other functional areas (e.g. Marketing, distribution, customer engagement, business information & analytics).
- Develop and review specifications, KPIs/ SLAs, statements of work, and master services agreements.
- Contract Negotiation and Development ? ability to negotiate Commercial Terms and Conditions as well as being able to defend Legal Terms on standard internal templates.
- Build, maintain and enhance mutually beneficial relationships with leading suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Lead and manage the full RFX process from development through contract execution.
- Evaluate competitive offerings to determine the overall best value for goods or services.
- Negotiate and/or issue contracts, amendments, and attachments obtaining legal review and approval of a contract when required.
- Manages multiple, complex projects independently.
- Aligns Procurement goals with internal business partners' objectives
- Partner with internal stakeholders to implement/ support appropriate change management processes.
- Drive sustainable/substantial cost savings and value beyond savings.
- Utilize e-Procurement tools (e.g. Ariba) to manage sourcing projects.
- Operate as trusted advisor by providing procurement insights and subject matter expertise to internal business partners.
- Bachelor's degree is required, Masters preferred
- 5+ years in Indirect Procurement Services Categories
- Experience in evaluating the market, assessing suppliers, contracting and financial analysis
- Demonstrated ability to partner with and manage internal stakeholders at all levels within a highly matrixed organization, working across cross-functional, cross-organizational teams
- Must have contracting experience
- Experience negotiating commercial agreements
- Ariba experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft products such as PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Demonstration of interpersonal skills such as acting with integrity in every interaction, inclusion, accountability, and passion.
- Experience working across matrix environment while positively influencing others.
- Experience interacting with attorney's and/or contract managers to negotiate legal terms and conditions.
- Ability to influence and lead others toward a common goal/shared vision.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, procurement experience, and business acumen.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills and ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- A proactive, creative and analytical approach to challenges.
- Demonstrated high degree of independence, requiring minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to partner, manage and influence stakeholders and suppliers.
- Proven ability manage conflict with empathy and assertiveness when communicating a need and/or defending a position/decision.
- Strong project management skills and experience.
This 6+ month position starts ASAP.
Please E-MAIL your resume (attachment to email) with rate and availability to Jennifer: email@example.com
ALPHA'S REQUIREMENT #20-00675
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S. AS AN HOURLY W2 EMPLOYEE