Work Location: Portland, OR
Functional Area: Marketing / Communication / Product Management
Number of Openings: 1
Current Openings: 1.00
If you thrive on new challenges, a fast pace and being part of an engaged, and focused Product Marketing team…
If you want to join a global industry leader...
If you like developing and implementing product line plans, being the go-to product expert for a product portfolio within a large product category, planning and executing strategic and tactical plans, and developing, maintaining and executing global product road maps…
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic full-time Global Product Manager in our chainsaw chain product line, to join our team in Portland, Oregon.
About Blount International
Founded in 1947 in Portland, Oregon, Blount International has grown from a small family-run saw chain operation to an international designer, manufacturer, and marketer of precision cutting tools, equipment, and accessories for consumers and professionals in more than 110 countries. Thanks to our pioneering spirit, we have transformed the cutting industry and played a key role in championing and establishing safety regulations for the industry.
At Blount, we are driven by a mission to help pros power through the toughest jobs, and we hold fast to our core values of innovation, humble leadership, global stewardship and accountability. These values inspire us to keep growing, learning and working hard to shape the landscapes in our communities in positive ways. Together, we seek to make the world a better place by offering the best brands and products for professional-grade precision cutting tools and equipment for global-end business segments.
What we’re looking for:
- A Global Product Manager with 3+ years of experience managing a multi-faceted hard lines consumer goods product line; adept at developing and executing strategic and tactical product marketing plans to ensure schedules and budgets meet internal and external stakeholder expectations
- An industry professional who understands what it takes to market and sell into mass merchants, home improvement stores (i.e. Lowes/Home Depot), and eCommerce markets with ability to co-lead product plan development and execution from concept through sale and distribution
- Able to communicate knowledgeably and fluently with engineering, technical services and marketing and relate to customers and prospects
- Experience developing and presenting concise product presentations to Senior Leadership Team and customers
- Prior experience working in a multi-national or global environment
- Must be a self-starter with strong drive, capable of handling high workloads in a dynamic work environment, as well as strong organizational skills; able to set priorities and balance work based on many variables
- Creative thinker with a proactive approach to problem solving and opportunity identification; able to translate specific goals into action and follow through to achieve goals
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills; active and respectful listener; able to work with teams who are globally dispersed
- Systems and technology experience with SAP or other ERP software, and Microsoft Office expertise
What you’ll do:
The Global Product Manager (GPM) is responsible for resource management, strategic planning, tactical planning, and execution for a product portfolio within a larger product category. The GPM strives to become the go-to product expert within the organization, developing a deep understanding of the products within the portfolio and competitive products in the marketplace. Key areas of ownership include developing, maintaining, and executing a 3-5 year global product road map, supporting new product launches with Sales and Brand Marketing teams, leadership on new product development in collaboration with Engineering and Manufacturing, Sales support on new and existing products, and championing the voice of the consumer within the organization. The GPM is expected to develop a detailed understanding of product pricing, costs, category and product line profitability. Skills needed for success include the ability to establish leadership in a Global matrix organization combined with a passion for new product development. To drive their business, the GPM will demonstrate and the ability to identify gaps in the marketplace through competitive analysis and user research and capitalize on these opportunities by working with R&D teams to develop solution-based product proposals. Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills are a must.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Engineering or a related field required; Master’s degree in Business Administration preferred
- Three or more years in a similar position managing a multi-faceted hard lines consumer goods product line with proven experience marketing into mass merchants, home improvement stores, and eCommerce markets
- Passion for and experience with forestry, garden, agriculture, construction tools or commercial equipment preferred
- Demonstrated success in user experience, product delivery processes, positioning, product strategy and product launch
- Experience in a multi-national or global environment with demonstrated analytical problem-solving skills, and the ability to work collaborative with diverse global teams to develop and launch products to the market
- Excellent oral and written communication, including strong presentation and business writing skills
- Must be a self-starter with strong drive, capable of handling high workloads in a dynamic work environment
- Strong organizational skills, able to set priorities and balance work based on many variables
- Eligible for domestic and international travel several times per year up to two weeks’ in duration
More about Blount International, Inc.
We are committed to excellence in our people, products, performance, and
profits. We believe our team members are the foundation of our Company's success, and we are committed to continuous improvement and learning, exceptional quality, connecting with our customer, and good relationships with our team members. To learn more about our products please visit our website at Oregonproducts.com.
It is the policy of Blount International to provide equal employment to all qualified persons without discrimination based on sex, race, color, religion, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under law. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. Blount will only employ those who are legally authorized to work.
During the application process we will not ask for or collect any confidential, proprietary or sensitive personally identifiable information (e.g. date of birth; driver’s license number; or credit card, bank account or other financial information) (collectively, “Sensitive Information”). If you submit any Sensitive Information, you do so at your own risk, and we will not be liable to you or responsible for consequences of your submission. This notice should not be construed as an offer of employment or creating any terms of employment.
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Events
- Military Leave
- Paid sick days
- Professional Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Vacation/paid time off
- Merchandise Discounts