WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
RBC Capital Markets is a premier, global investment bank and subsidiary of the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), which is one of the top 15 largest banks in the world and the fifth largest in North America, as measured by market capitalization.
RBC Capital Markets is a premier investment bank that provides a focused set of products and services to corporations, institutional investors and governments around the world. With more than 7,100 professionals, we operate out of 70 offices in 15 countries across North America, the U.K., Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region.
We work with clients in over 100 countries around the globe to deliver the expertise and execution required to raise capital, access markets, mitigate risk and acquire or dispose of assets. According to Bloomberg and Dealogic, we are consistently ranked among the largest global investment banks.
Summer Research Program
Our Equity Research Summer Associate internship provides students with practical training, hands-on capital markets experience and career-building mentorship throughout the ten-week program. Every year we recruit successful applicants into our regional offices for many research businesses.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
You will have the opportunity to work directly with an established Equity Research Analyst and team of associates covering a specific equity sector. Throughout the summer you will also have the opportunity to hear and learn from senior leaders across RBC Capital Markets, expanding your knowledge base and network. Some specific tasks you may be assigned include:
- Building and maintaining complex financial models and equity valuation tools
- Researching and staying up-to-date with industry trends
- Contributing to day-to-day production of research content
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
Each candidate will be evaluated on their individual merit; however, it is a definite asset to possess the following qualifications:
- Excellent grades in a four-year US college or university program and entering the final year, or entering the final year of MBA studies;
- Proven interest in financial markets;
- History of academic excellence;
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Track record of leadership experience outside the classroom
We seek competitive individuals who possess the energy, enthusiasm and capacity to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Successful candidates are selected based on their related capital markets work experience, market knowledge, financial analysis prowess, academic excellence, and strong communication skills. Candidates need to be confident in their personal capabilities but willing to learn and do what it takes to complete a task.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
From this experience you would gain:
- Hands-on experience working alongside equity research analysts and associates who are among the best in the industry
- Best in class training which include orientation sessions as well an in-class curriculum and regular information sessions with key business leaders
- Direct exposure to the different areas of the capital markets
- An understanding of RBC Capital Markets’ global capabilities
- Unique exposure to and experience in international markets
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment:
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors.