Discover a world of opportunities. #HumanChemistry
See what chemistry can do for your career: careers.evonik.com
Exploring opportunities. Growing together.
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER 121958
Global Sales Director Parenteral Drug Delivery
Location: United States : Parsippany, NJ
Function: Marketing & Sales
Career Level: Senior professionals (> 5 years)
Legal Entity: Evonik Corporation
Business Line: Health Care
What we offer
You will work on exciting and challenging topics together with a team in an ultra-modern, innovative and creative environment. Intensive on-the-job training with expert colleagues guarantees you will quickly become familiar with your duties and perform them independently. Performance related pay and the opportunity for personal and professional development are of course part of the package. Since 2009 Evonik Industries AG has been certified as a family-friendly company by the German Hertie Foundation.
The Global Sales Director Parenteral Drug Delivery is a member of the Drug Delivery Leadership team and has responsibility for:
- Sales growth
- Quality, number and value of Leads generated
- Signing of new leads and renewals
- Alliance management related to Drug Delivery accounts
- Review and Approval of offers and participation in the negotiation of contracts. Lead negotiation for CMO contracts
- Development of the DDE Parenteral global sales team
- Contribute meaningfully to key strategic and tactical discussions and achieve Drug Delivery growth sales targets.
- Responsible for Drug Delivery Sales organization development and best set-up to meet the business needs
- Participate in the development and updating of the Drug Delivery business plan and execute associated global strategies related to development and sales tactics appropriate to address both multi-national and regional customers.
- Oversee and direct activities of sales resources to achieve a broad and significant presence within customer base; provide necessary training and development to continually improve performance.
- Establish an active customer contact program toward new project acquisition supported by the Technical Business Development team , progression of current projects, and maintenance of existing business, and ensure timely reporting of customer and market developments.
- Remain aware of and provide regular and accurate updates of drug delivery market, customer, and competitive developments, and report formal monthly analysis of business results; recommends actions and change of strategies / tactics
- Develop sales budgets and provide frequently updated forecasts based on customer projections; monitor and report performance relative to budget.
- Helps develop price policies to maximize profitability while countering competitive developments, maintaining consistency with global price policies. Influence pricing strategies of the product line based on value pricing considerations.
- Coordinate marketing and communication strategy and tactics with the DDE leadership team to reinforce and grow a positive image within the marketplace, including advertising, trade shows, workshops and other image building activities to support product line.
- Maintain and grow an environment among the resources conducive to open communication with global team
- Support and facilitate Key Account Management team by supporting Key Account strategies and by providing an enabling support structure for execution of such account plans.
- Establish active communication with and participation in global Regional Management team to achieve a coordinated and effective selling. Participate in this team’s role in global strategy development.
- Provide support for other Business Line initiatives that may arise, such as full implementation of CRM, assistance with Technologies product line, as appropriate.
- Represent the BL in discussions and projects with customers. Manage key alliances.
- Lead Negotiation teams for significant Drug Delivery contracts
- 10 years sales/marketing experience in a Drug Delivery / CDMO organization is required for this position. Experience related to parenteral delivery is a must
- Documented business training and demonstrated record of successful sales/marketing.
- Proven track record in difficult negotiations and value selling
- Experience in strategy development and implementation
- An advanced university degree will be viewed favorably.
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to manage and motivate people effectively across regions and cultures
- Management by influence to successfully work in matrix structure
- Strong relationship building and networking skills to create high performing teams.
- Self motivated and independent thinker with entrepreneurial drive.
- Excellent information gathering skills, with ability to organize and interpret information, and to reach relevant and actionable conclusions and actions.
- Ability to visualize, acquire, and manage numerous customer relationships in coordination with the rest of the team.
- Ability to represent Evonik Health Care at the highest level
To ensure the fastest process of your application and to protect the environment, please apply online via our careers portal at https://careers.evonik.com.
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER 121958
Evonik Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Evonik will not accept any unsolicited application documents sent by staffing firms. Evonik works in conjunction with preferred service providers and will not pay any fee to staffing firms in the absence of an appropriate framework agreement. Should Evonik receive a candidate profile from a staffing firm with which it has no framework agreement, and should this candidate subsequently be considered in the recruitment process or offered employment, no claims from the staffing firm will be entertained in this regard.