Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an Executive Protection Specialist to work full-time on a dynamic Executive Protection team. The role is broad and involves strong operational, strategic, and interpersonal skills. EP Specialists interface with employees and support staff across multiple teams within and outside of Facebook. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the Principles of Protection, that will allow them to think independently, make constructive recommendations for program improvements, and problem solve quickly.We are looking for a customer service oriented individual that is diligent, detail-oriented, proactive, works very well both independently and in a team, and has demonstrated excellent judgment and decision-making skills. This is a full-time position reporting to the Executive Protection Operations Manager and is located in our Menlo Park, CA office
1. Maintain a high level of physical fitness.
2. Adhere to privacy and confidentiality guideline and policies.
3. Engages and inspires others, sought out for expertise, assistance and mentorship.
4. Inclusive and respectful in working with others, and conveys a sense of trust and integrity.
5. Effectively interfaces with Principals on tactical questions regarding the detail.
6. Can bring forward ideas to improve the program and, with oversight, can effectively execute.
7. Ability to create, plan and review Executive Protections Operational documents.
8. National and international travel will be required, in addition to some night and weekend assignments.
9. Plan, coordinate, and manage safety and security resources for large scale Facebook Executive Protection missions.
10. Work a predetermined rotational schedule to include international and domestic travel.
11. Serve as a liaison to executive and stakeholders for all matters regarding high-risk/ visibility travel.
12. Domestic and international law enforcement and government counterparts, as well as private sector peers worldwide to help facilitate travel and event security.
13. 7+ years of experience in Executive Protection, protection of individuals, or similar assignment.
14. Experience in protection strategies, tactics, and technology.
15. Presentation experience.
16. Experience in organizing international trips for individuals.
17. Experience in solving logistical problems, or leading a team of agents.
18. Experience analyzing information, determine contexts, take appropriate action, and choose the course of action.
19. Experience analyzing information, determine contexts, take appropriate action, and choose the course of action.
20. Experience communicating, presenting and fielding questions from Executives and their staff.
21. Interpersonal experience and customer service mentality.
22. Communication experience to include: listening, precision questioning.
23. Project management experience to include: organization, communications, documentation, and cross group collaboration.
24. Problem solving experience.
25. Foreign language, overseas work experience, travel, and professional network development.
26. LEOSA eligible.
27. Experienced managing members of an EP team.
28. Experience analyzing intelligence and threat reports to determine the risk level to a location, event or a person to scope resources appropriately.
29. Excellent attention to detail, communication, organizational and customer service skills.
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.