JOB SUMMARY: The GSOC Manager has high visibility and direct responsibility for the effective and efficient operations of a Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) including report generation, incident monitoring/response, communications, education, and vulnerability management. Additionally, the position will be responsible for driving process refinement and implementation, project management, cross-team/discipline collaboration, maintenance of internal and external stakeholder relationships, and direct supervision of staff.
· The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
· All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
· Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
· In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
· All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
The Essential Functions Include:
1. Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
2. Provide emergency and non-emergency security system monitoring, event dispatch, and emergency notification services.
3. Determine SOC operational strategies by conducting needs assessments, performance reviews, capacity planning, and cost/benefit analysis;
a. Identify and evaluate state-of-the-art technologies.
b. Define user requirements.
c. Establish technical specification and contributing information and analysis to organizational strategic plans and reviews.
4. Develop SOC systems through evaluation of existing programs;
a. Design executive and technical reports and manage the implementation process.
5. Maintain and improve SOC operations by monitoring system performance;
a. Identify and resolve issues and complete action plans.
b. Complete system audits and analysis.
c. Manage system, process improvement, and quality assurance programs; install upgrades, as needed.
6. Provide supervision and leadership to assigned staff;
a. Oversee training activities in order to achieve the highest levels of team operational readiness.
7. Prepare SOC performance reports through collection, analysis, and data summarization trends.
8. Support corporate international travelers program;
a. Assist with investigations to identify travel risks within specific geographic locations.
9. Process and maintain a wide variety of files, logs, reports, and forms.
10. Monitor and adhere to internal operational controls, including legal, corporate, and regulatory procedures to ensure the safety and security of client assets and personnel.
11. Develop and implement an ongoing refinement of policies and procedures.
12. All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards:
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
· Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
· Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process including drug testing and background investigation.
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
· Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
· Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
· Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor's Degree with five years of experience in a surveillance/emergency dispatch operations center, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
Competencies (As Demonstrated Through Experience, Training, and/or Testing):
· Certified SOC Analyst (CSA), preferred.
· Surveillance operations or emergency dispatch center management experience.
· Knowledge of security operations/procedures and analytical products.
· Supervisory experience including training, development, corrective action and scheduling.
· Access control experience or the ability to obtain certification within defined timeframe.
· Situational awareness system or ANVIL experience, preferred.
· Corporate travelers program experience, preferred.
· Able to solve complex problems.
· Able to organize workload for effective implementation.
· Strong client and results orientation.
· Maintain confidentiality at all times.
· Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
· Serve as an effective team leader.
· Able to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
· Ability to implement changes to operations and external/internal environments.
· Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
· Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
Working Conditions (Physical/Mental Demands):
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
· Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
· Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
· Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
· Regular computer usage.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
· Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
· Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
· Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
· May be exposed to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
· Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling.
· Must be flexible with the ability to work evenings, odd hours, and weekends with little notice.
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.