Maybe it's our bright outlook on life. Or, maybe it's the happiness found in our many products. Whatever it is, Sunkist puts a fresh twist on all of its career offerings.
Join our team and discover a freshly-squeezed, refreshing career.
The position of Global Sourcing Assistant Manager was created for the purpose(s) of having a qualified person to support the Managing Director, Global Sourcing Managers, suppliers, brokers and warehouse facilities staff to ensure accuracy and the timely processing of citrus imports, inventory management and fruit inspection. This position requires the ability to troubleshoot problems, ability to communicate verbally and in writing, as well as provide support to leadership as it relates the Global Sourcing activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
- Frequent communication via phone and email with suppliers, customs brokers, warehouse facilities and various Sunkist personnel.
- Supports coordination of citrus imports by communicating with all entities involved in the supply chain.
- Supports inventory management of fruit and packaging material by written communication with warehouses and packaging vendors.
- This position coordinates with the Varietal sales team to settle claims.
- Responsible for the Inspection of fruit at various domestic warehouse locations and reporting the findings to the sales staff and supplier.
- Processes payment of vendor invoices through the Finance department.
- Supports the payment process to suppliers by confirming the fruit sales, claims have been settled and vendor invoices have been paid, post liquidation per vessel on a weekly basis.
- Manages own time including regular and timely attendance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Maintains a neat work area, professional appearance and personal conduct at all times.
- Attends meetings as requested.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Certifications/Licenses, Experiences, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration.
- Five years’ experience in the produce industry.
- Ability to speak and comprehend Spanish desired but not mandatory.
- Must have strong math skills and the ability to work with metric conversions.
- Self-starter that takes the initiative to start and complete assignments without direct supervision.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and be able to learn new computer programs.
- Have superior organizational skills; be self-motivated, resourceful, and detail-oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Will be working with people all over the world.
| || |
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (List not all inclusive)
Measurements: 67-100% of time = Continuously, 45-66% of time = Frequently, 66% of time = Occasionally
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential functions consistent with Sunkist standards, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with Sunkist standard, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Must be able to: talk, listen and speak effectively on telephone; read, write and understand written documents and policy;
- Ability to sit for sustained periods of time.
- Ability to type or otherwise work primarily with fingers rather than the whole hand or arm.
- Must be able to spend extended period of time viewing computer screen and/or operating a keyboard.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle to make deliveries or mail runs.
- Able to stand; walk short distances; pull and/or push; finger; grasp; reach; bend; stoop; kneel; crouch.
- Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken work levels
- Visual acuity required for preparing and analyzing written or computer data, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general surroundings.
- Moderate Carrying – must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
EQUIPMENT USED FOR THIS POSITION
- General office equipment such as calculator, electric hole-punch, electric tape dispenser, copy machine, computer and keyboard.
Must have the ability to:
- Understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- Understand, remember, and communicate routine, factual information.
- Organize and prioritize own work.
- Work individually and in a team for the purpose of collaborating and completing projects.
- Understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines.
- Communicate with individuals by utilizing a telephone, computer, or interpersonal skills.
- Add subtract, multiply, divide and to record, balance, and check results for accuracy.
- Compute, analyze and interpret data for reporting purposes.
- Office environment subject to continuous interruptions and moderate to loud background noises.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles.
- Will work in refrigerated warehouses from time to time.
- Work may include extended periods of time viewing a computer monitor and or operating a keyboard.
- Must work in office Monday – Friday. A regular telework schedule will not be considered.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between Sunkist and its employees.
Well now that all the boring stuff HR makes us put in the job description is out of the way, what is this job really about? We are looking for an individual who values hard work, fresh ideas and a commitment to excellence. At Sunkist, we value trust, respect for each other, communication and sharing information, generating ideas and creative solutions, working in teams and developing people to add value.
Behind our history of innovation and commitment to market leadership is a company devoted to providing continued education, excellent benefits and good working conditions. We provide all the resources you need to support your professional development, including:
- A variety of choices for Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Spending Accounts.
- 401K retirement savings plan, Match+
- Generous paid holiday and vacation benefits
- Internal and external training
- Generous educational assistance
- An open job posting system
Sunkist is an equal opportunity employer and will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
For more information about Sunkist, please visit our Employment page at:https://www.sunkist.com/careers/