Southern California-based Karma is more than just a car company. Although we are best known as a creator of soul-stirring luxury electric vehicles, Karma has emerged as a high-tech incubator offering innovators a perfect platform to prove their emerging technologies. Every Revero is designed at our Headquarters in Irvine and created with great individual care and world-class craftsmanship at the Karma Innovation and Customization Center in Moreno Valley, CA.
The Global Sourcing Manager reports directly to the Senior Director, Purchasing in our Irvine Headquarters and is responsible for strategic and tactical procurement of commodities, supplies, and services to be used by the organization, in relation to Production and Engineering resources. This role will also oversee all commercial activities with suppliers. Interface with cross functional areas, including manufacturing, logistics, engineering, and supplier quality to meet program deliverables.
- Oversees all commercial activities with suppliers
- Understands and directs commodity management.
- Understand commodity part manufacturing and component cost elements.
- Interface with cross functional areas, including manufacturing, logistics, engineering, and supplier quality to meet cost targets and program deliverables
- Lead the supplier selection process; sources and negotiates with potential suppliers, requests RFQ’s, evaluates and analyzes results and provide sourcing documentation and recommendations to leadership in conformance with company standards.
- Sources “best value” products through domestic, international, and LCC suppliers. Buyer should possess a basic understanding of product flow through import/export and customs/broker process.
- Negotiate contractual terms regarding cost, delivery, quality, transportation, and other standard or special contract terms
- Maintain purchase price and raw material price trends and analysis.
- Participates in and supports AQP activities in support of New Product Launch activities.
- Implements design changes and manages the execution of changes with suppliers.
- Balance current and future demand requirements with supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure completion of requirements
- Achieves cost reduction goals for assigned commodities in support of corporate directive.
- Performs cost analysis with a thorough understanding of cost factors.
- Possesses an understanding of contractual language and the fundamental skills for contract writing
- Evaluates supplier performance, stability and institutes improvements and corrective action as required.
- Interface with Supplier Quality Assurance on production part PPAPs and quality issues.
- Comply with established corporate and purchasing policy and processes
- Maintains purchase order files (i.e. quotes, blanket orders, warrants, prints, design changes, etc.) to support of the company’s quality system requirements.
- Accurate contract execution and record retention.
- Compiles and evaluates data for various weekly, monthly, and annual reports (cost reduction, market fluctuation, LCC, supplier ratings, supplier scrap, budget variance, minority sourcing, supplier expenditure, etc.).
- Attends departmental training, company meetings and HR training awareness sessions.
- Communicates frequently with internal and external contacts on various issues.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Business, or Engineering or equivalent Supply Chain Management experience
- 5 – 8 years of experience in automotive purchasing (OEM or Tier 1)
- Training in one or more developmental areas (i.e. negotiation, contract writing, cost analysis, legal, leadership development, etc.)
- Willingness to travel as needed, including overseas (especially China) - no more than 20% of the time
- Understanding of the basic cost elements of Automotive Parts
- Fact based negotiation skills
- Works with all levels of management, including executive management
- Must display ability to identify problems, recommend solutions, and negotiate and execute contingency plans
- Must be able to accept personal responsibility and accountability for major analytical and planning assignments
- Communicates directly with management and cross-functional leaders as required
- Strong teamwork skills. Able to develop consensus and move the program forward. Develop win-win situations
- Mandarin Language skills desired, not required
- Time management skills
- SAP experience desired
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015) and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as applicable
No 3rd Parties. Principals Only, Please
Come and join the great Karma Team, where you can make a career! Karma Automotive offers a complete benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD; paid vacation, holidays and personal days; and a 401K with matching contributions.
Karma Automotive LLC is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and group protected by applicable law. Karma Automotive LLC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability. Valid driver’s license may be required based on essential duties.