Manages the import process from product development to ship date for assigned categories. Partners with merchants to
develop the product sourcing direction and works with cross functional teams including Merchandising, Planning,
Logistics, and Overseas Teams to ensure the achievement of goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following):
1. Works with Merchants to ensure clear understanding of the merchandise strategies and defines import
2.Creates and communicates the sourcing direction to Overseas Teams inclusive of targets, timelines, specs, and
3. Manages various aspects of work in progress including purchase order confirmation, testing, vendor follow up and
obtaining all product approvals required.
4. Locates, gathers, and researches information and prepares analyses, reports and documents needed.
5. Facilitates the negotiation of prices and terms with vendors based on Merchant direction.
6. Manages Agents in the planning and execution of overseas trips, development of new resources, and finalization of costing, specs, and final quote sheets. Ensures Agents follow the defined processes and procedures of Global Sourcing.
7.Manages the pre-production/production sample process for assigned categories including receipt of sample tracking and display set-up for merchant approval.
8. Monitors and analyzes the vendor matrix regularly and provides recommendations regarding strategic decisions on placements.
9. Regularly monitors commodities for changes related to materials, labor, and any economic changes that might impact costing and provides analysis and recommendations on course of action.
10.Travels domestically and internationally as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1.Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
2. Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a retail sourcing or buying related role. Product development experience preferred.
3. Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills required.
4. Strong analytical and methodical thinking skills required
5. Strong PC and Microsoft office skills with proficiency in Excel and Word required.
6. Ability to prioritize and multitask in fast paced environment required.
7. Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new processes, procedures, and systems required.
8. Ability to travel domestically and internationally required.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.