GLOBAL SOURCING SPECIALIST/INTERNATIONAL BUYER
Date:Aug 8, 2019
Location:Irving, TX, US, 75062
Partsmaster- Always Running
Partsmaster, a leading MRO supplier is looking for a highly skilled International Buyer that will ensure that the right products are available at the right time, at the lowest possible cost to meet customer needs. This person is an excellent project manager and negotiator who is prepared to evolve our current purchasing strategy. If you’re seeking experience and growth in a personable, stable yet thriving environment, our International Buyer position could be a match for you!
If this sounds like a fit for you so far, keep reading.
A Little About You
You’re a confident, clear, & concise communicator. You consider yourself a people-person. You work well with others and can confidently communicate, whether in-person, on the phone, or via email, with a variety of people, including those you have never met. You can successfully negotiate contracts with vendors worldwide, and even better, you speak Mandarin fluently.
You consider yourself a subject matter expert. You have very strong knowledge in all things MRO- you have sourced a variety of tools, fasteners, and other MRO products-generating competitive cost savings. You don’t need a ton of supervision because you’re accountable and can juggle a variety of tasks as they come in. You’re also a quick learner, which makes new tasks easy for you.
Project management is a strong-suit for you. You love to have a lot going on and can easily keep all the parts and pieces moving without even having to be told to do so. You have managed end-to-end procurement- overseeing sourcing, purchasing contract negotiation, commodity strategies and strategic supplier management. You consider yourself an excellent cross-functional team player.
You have great attention to detail. Even amid juggling multiple assignments, you are diligent in your reviews, dotting all of the i’s and crossing all of the t’s. You easily catch errors, which supports your editing capabilities, and never let a to-do item slip past you.
You have effective leadership skills. As a senior purchasing agent, you provide mentorship to your colleagues and bring new ideas or process to the table to drive a more efficient souring strategy. You can influence others and create buy in easily.
You have global sourcing or purchasing similar experience. You demand quality, excellence, and value from your suppliers and do not tolerate low performance. You preferably have a bachelor’s and master’s degree, and 10+ years of experience in global sourcing or purchasing of MRO products. You are also proficient in Microsoft Office suite programs and have working knowledge of ERP systems.
You are comfortable traveling internationally (especially Asia). Meeting your suppliers and potential suppliers face to face and seeing their facilities and forming meaningful personal relationships is important to you.
Day-to-Day Work Examples
We support growth, opportunity and variety, which means your day-to-day has the potential to adapt with you and your passions. If you’re not challenged and growing, neither are we. For starters, though, here are some day-to-day examples of what you will be doing:
- Actively reviewing and managing the forecast
- Sourcing and resourcing products; in search of better quality, value, and terms
- Planning and executing the supply schedule, issuing purchase and work orders, ensuring acknowledgment, confirmation, and shipping dates are accurate, and expediting orders that are late
- Working with key stakeholders to manage product inventory levels
- Partnering with the warehouse operations and marketing team to create solutions for component issues, stock-out items, packaging, etc.
- Coordinate logistics and providing insight to transportation details such as transit time, tariffs, duties and freight for overseas orders
- Strengthening existing relationships with manufacturing facilities located in China/Taiwan/Southeast Asia
- Partnering with marketing to communicate new product lines
- Act as the purchasing representative on customer specific cross-functional teams
- Traveling internationally to negotiate contracts and ensure a smooth flow of supply with offshore manufacturers
A Little About Us
Applying for a new job is a little like entering uncharted territory. We want you to feel 100% confident about the application process, the position and our company before committing your time to apply, so that none of the above comes as a surprise. Let’s start with some information about Partsmaster so you can get to know us better.
Partsmaster™ was established in 1968 as a division of NCH Corporation, a leading provider of industrial goods since 1919. Partsmaster offers thousands of solutions through numerous product lines developed especially for maintenance, repair and operations (MRO) applications. The Partsmaster brands include: Cryotool® cutting tools; Dyna Systems® fastener line Mega Metal® polymer repair compounds; Trust-X™ high productivity abrasives; and X-Ergon™ welding products.
NCH Corporation is a privately held, family-owned, global business headquartered Irving, Texas, near Dallas. We have more than 7,500 employees, offices and facilities on six continents, and clients in more than 50 countries. This includes our corporate headquarters as well as subsidiary companies. We clean and conserve water, save energy, and deliver best-in-class maintenance solutions, with a focus on industrial and commercial businesses.
Culture and Benefits
We’re a global company with a family feel, offering the same benefits of an international corporation with the personal relationships of a small business. Working in our small teams and close-knit environment, you’d never guess we had a 7,500+ employee head count. We realize a job is more than just a job – it’s an extension of your life and family – and we’re committed to maintaining just that. For us, culture is not just a perk; it’s essential to how we thrive. And that’s speaking for 100 years in the business!
- Employee-centric environment (regular corporate activities, personal relationships, small teams)
- Family-first attitude (work-life balance support, flexible hours)
- Approachable leadership (collaboration with top leaders, open-door policy)
- Growth-oriented mindset (autonomy, creative freedom to explore new ideas)
- Paid vacation and holiday leave
- Wellness initiatives (on-site fitness facility and cafeteria, treadmill conference room, walking trail)
- Community involvement (volunteering, fundraisers, charity events, school sponsorships and donations)
- Employee recognition programs (appreciation week, awards and ceremonies)
- Personal and professional development and growth
- Tuition reimbursement
- Financial wellness (retirement options, 401(k) match, employee credit union)
- Benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life, long and short-term disability)
Sound like a fit for you? If yes, jump aboard, and apply today.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Nearest Major Market: Irving
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment:Procurement, Chemical Engineer, Warehouse, Welding, Supply, Operations, Engineering, Manufacturing