We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry throughthe power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmentalprotection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable futurethrough chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help ourcustomers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of societythrough science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment tocontinuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us theopportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging andrewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well asthe safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are alwaysworking to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis onlifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovateand generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them tofurther advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving tobecome an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by ForbesMagazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019. We strongly support the spiritof collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues fromother relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects.Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Global Technical Marketing Manager - PharmaSolutions(1901850) - Tarrytown, NY
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional likeyou to lead technical and application activities in our Solubilization and SoftGels Platforms, generating application data to best position the existingexcipient portfolio as well as new product launched. You will alsomanage, develop and mentor laboratory team, ensuring lab safety is the highestpriority always: foster our “We care” approach and Spirit.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
- Leveraging your educational background in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering and professional experience in pharmaceutical formulation development with focus on solubilization technologies to increase drug bioavailability such as HME and LBDDS, you will effectively manage collaboration within geographically spread teams globally.
- Your strong ability to identify customer needs and market trends and fill application technical data gaps working closely with the Marketing and Product Management Groups will be critical for the Team.
- Working closely with Global Marketing and the Regional Technical and Sales communities, you will ensure technical data is promoted effectively to drive Commercial sales growth and provide application technical training to regional teams and assess respective capability build up needs.
- As an innovator, you will manage new ideas for Technical Marketing in assigned platforms: act as an ambassador, actively participate in the LCM developments for the relevant Portfolio together with Technical Product Management and Global Product Management.
- You will also coordinate the activity of the Global Technical Community around our Solubilization Platform.
- You will bring a strong technical understanding to ensure technical support to BASF Global Key Accounts via technical visits, presentations and lab activities as foreseen by the Market approach strategy.
- Ensuring transparency on spending evolvement, requirements and regular reporting, you will be responsible for managing cost budget assigned to related cost center.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What WeOffer You
Adding value to our customers beginswith adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programsand unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages ofyour life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receiveas a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health andinsurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matchingcontributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing inyou is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization,you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your networkand build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting andchallenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most ofyour talents and your job.