As a primary contact for Safeway customers, the GM/HBC Clerk provides friendly, courteous, and helpful
service. The GM/HBC Clerk works in the variety department of a grocery store handling mostly nongrocery
items. Worker is responsible for maintaining stock in the display areas. Views display areas daily
to determine stock needed. Transports stock from storage area using six wheeler, pallet jack or grocery
cart. Opens containers or boxes, removes merchandise and stocks on store shelves. Rotates product
and removes expired product daily. Shelves are periodically faced and organized. Shelves are dusted.
Stock area and variety display areas are kept clean and neat. Assists with ordering supplies and
Safeway GM/HBC Clerk employees are generally responsible for completing the following job duties:
1. Provide customer service as currently defined by the employer within the scope of the position and
within company policy.
1. Replace stock in displays and on shelves as needed.
1. Face shelves for good appearance.
1. Read instructions and labels.
1. Maintain cleanliness in variety area in the store and in the storage room.
1. May write order.
1. Make signs to indicate price of items on display.
1. Other duties as assigned.
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Ability to follow company customer service procedures. Demonstrated prior customer service skills or
1. Ability to interact with customers and co-workers.
1. Ability to work independently when necessary.
1. Ability to understand and follow instructions.
1. Knowledge of products helpful.
Varies depending on store location and state/county requirements.
%Inside: 100% %Outside: Rare
Temperature Extremes: N/A
Chemicals: Seldom (mild detergents or glass cleaner)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled