Ocean Spray is a vibrant agricultural cooperative owned by more than 700 cranberry farmers in the United States, Canada and Chile, who have helped preserve the family farming way of life for generations. The cooperative’s cranberries are currently featured in more than a thousand great-tasting, good-for-you products in over 100 countries worldwide. With more than 2,000 employees and nearly 20 receiving and processing facilities, Ocean Spray is committed to managing our business in a way that respects our communities, colleagues and the environment.
Ocean Spray believes that our colleagues are our best assets and we offer an environment where you can work with exceptionally smart, innovative and passionate teams that are motivated to deliver Ocean Spray products around the world. If you are looking for a rewarding career where you can Grow, Own, Live and Drive your career every day, Ocean Spray is for you!
This professional will be responsible for partnering with the Innovation team to create turnkey go-to-market incubation tests. As Ocean Spray transforms into a Health & Wellness Company, innovation will come at twice the speed and in many different channels from where we have played historically (Shelf Stable Juice).
In order to succeed, we will need to be ready to incubate and test these new items with consumers quickly, efficiently, and boldly—understanding their ability to succeed and placing bets behind those that show promise. Fail fast & fail forward!
In order to accomplish this task we are looking for a “Growth Hacker” to help us circumvent the red tape associated with Retailer “tests” in order to gauge consumer feedback quickly and effectively. Most notably we are looking for an individual who can help us put our products in front of consumers in mostly non-traditional ways (ie. non-major Retailers). Examples of relationships we are looking to forge for quick trial would be: colleges & university, food trucks, regional coffee/juice/smoothie shops, public venues, pop-up stores, etc.
This person will be responsible for the route to market for all new Ocean Spray Lighthouse innovations. It will involve partnering with the existing Sales Organization and the VP of NA Sales while also building close ties with the Innovation/R&D team(s), Brand Marketing, and PR.
Additional responsibilities include: forging new relationships, managing trade funds to stay within assigned budgets, properly planning expenses and staying within assigned T&E budgets, ensuring the timely resolution of financial and operation reconciliation, deduction management, as well as logistical and warehouse management
The position is located at our Boston office in the Seaport District.
A Day in the Life of theGrowth Hacker Go-to-Market Specialist:
- Ability to sell externally while partnering internally; This role will report to the VP of North American Sales while spending 75% of their time working internally with the Innovation Team. Strong collaboration with an execution mentality will be critical
- Growth, growth, growth mentality; Ability to identify new unique channel and creative solutions to deliver sales and incubation objectives
- Responsible of financial and operation reconciliation - both Accounts Receivable / Accounts Payable / deduction management, logistic and warehouse management
- Ability to manage trade funds and expense costs to stay within assigned budgets but yet achieve the desired outcome(s)
- Timely /accurate administrative duties; keeping management informed of market conditions, competitive activity, and marketplace intelligence
- Ability to multitask + work agile + thick skin in the start-up environment; one day you will focus on growth sales strategy, the next day you will be in the warehouse the whole day packing and helping our products to be deliver to our customers. Yes! you work in all altitude
- Proactive mentality. You continue push yourself to find unique and different new growth channels to test & supply our brand
- Act Tiny Be Mighty. You will revel in many small acts and tests that will one day shape a new Ocean Spray future. You will wake up each day looking to shape our future and our reality
- Experience: 10+ years Sales experience. Prefer experience selling in new channels, at the point of consumption (micro markets, airports, vending, etc.), specialty retail locations & food service. Must have “carried the bag”
- Computer Skills: Requires advanced computer skills, spreadsheets, or creating queries, business plan development PowerPoint presentation development
- Supervisory: No direct reports. Required to work with internal teams such as Sales Leadership, Field Sales, Category Management, Customer Service, Logistics, Innovation and Finance
- Problem solver, and offers very creative and technical solutions to difficult problems
- Boston-based and ability to travel up to 50% of the time (within the U.S.)
- ½ Day Fridays in the Summer
- Dog Friendly office
- Fully stocked kitchen with espresso machine
- Waterfront views
- Collaborative workspace
- Nestled among the vibrant array of shops, restaurants, and cultural attractions of Seaport Square
Compensation and benefits are high on everyone's priority list, so it’s high on our list too. That’s why Ocean Spray provides competitive salaries and a wide variety of benefits - including programs that protect your health and welfare, help you prepare for retirement and truly enable you to balance your work and family life.
Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, as well as individuals with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0