Barton Creek Country Club’s success is due to its dedicated, intelligent and self-motivated family of associates who work together to deliver personalized service to the club’s members and maintain the company’s trademark high standards. If you would like to be a part of an environment where teamwork is emphasized and individual excellence is encouraged, then this is the place for you.
Barton Creek Country Club associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, Barton Creek Country Club may be your perfect match.
The Greenskeeper role is dedicated to providing quality service that exceeds Guest and Member expectations work to create guests for life, by pro-actively embracing service standards, adhering to safety regulations and gaining the knowledge to assist guests with any and all needs.
- Use walking and riding greens mower, tee mower, fairway mower, rough mower, roller, bunker rake, carts, push mowers, and a variety of powered and non-powered hand tools to maintain golf course grounds and landscaping.
- Clean and maintain equipment that is used. Treat all equipment with care and respect. Operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Mow greens, tees, fairways, and rough. Rake bunkers. Weed-eat and push mow bunker faces.
- Set cups and move tee markers.
- Hand-water greens and tees. Help with irrigation repairs.
- Perform light custodial operations on golf course grounds and buildings, i.e, cleaning and stocking rest rooms, sweeping stones from paths, trash collection, mopping floors, etc. Use mops and brooms.
- Report problems encountered on site to supervisor immediately. Take appropriate steps to address emergency situations.
- Paint and maintain buildings. Perform light carpentry work, as needed.
- Plant flowers, shrubs, trees, landscaping, and sod. Mulch and edge beds. Prepare beds for planning of materials. Pull Weeds. Use hose to water plantings.
- Respond to any reasonable task as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Assist in other departments as needed.
- Attend monthly departmental meetings.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and meet company MVR requirements.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend/stoop, arm/hand movement up to 30 minutes per hour worked.
- Must also be proficient at: turf/plant fertilization, chainsaw use, woody plant installation, construction, hard-scapes, and skid-steer use.