The GolfLink Editor is the key content lead for all content on the GolfLink.com site. This position is responsible for overall strategy, editing content submitted, writing articles to ensure overall quality as well as adherence to our guidelines and ensuring all content follows best practices. The GolfLink Editor should additionally have a passion for the golf lifestyle and expansive experience with the game. This position reports directly to the Chief Content Officer.
- Create and review all content for GolfLink
- Work with SEO team for growth opportunities
- Edit all content submitted by other writers. This includes editing for spelling and grammar, as well as testing links, fact-checking, reviewing formatting, and ensuring that all content meets or exceeds site standards.
- Strategize topic and content ideas with product manager and general manager
- Monitor golf and content trends
- Organize and communicate content needs and projects
- Manage content image needs
- Attend meetings with availability for an early start of 7am PST
- Provide feedback, ideas, and suggestions for improving the reader experience, editing or writing process, or any other aspect of the editorial and product process
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Expertise in the golf lifestyle space
- Excellent command of the English language
- High attention to detail
- Excellent research skills
- Familiarity with writing for the web audience and content SEO
- Ability to think like our audience and recognize quality content
- Great communication skills
- Flexibility to take on a variety of content channels, projects, and other tasks
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
LoveToKnow Media’s websites comprise one of the largest digital media companies in the US. Our family of lifestyle, educational & outdoor recreation brands provide best-in-class content every month to 30-million unique users and across 100-million page views. LoveToKnow is a virtual remote work company in the US and employees telecommute in a flexible working environment. We are US based, but also have offices in Barcelona, Spain and India. Learn more at www.lovetoknowmedia.com. CEO Howard Love has founded or co-founded over 15 companies and has invested in over 60 early-stage startups including OpenTable (IPO), Trulia (IPO), FlexJobs, and HotelTonight (acquired by Airbnb). Howard is a frequent speaker and has published a bestselling book on startups called ‘The Start-Up J Curve' Learn more at www.howardlove.com.