The Account Executive is responsible to drive sales by developing relationships with existing and new customers. The Account Executive travels to locations in their prescribed territory and communicates with clients/prospects via phone and email. Account Executive will also attend trade shows at which they will maximize opportunities to meet with clients/prospects with the intent of growing and nurturing those relationships. This position will partner with the Senior Director of Sales and Marketing to ensure the highest level of sales performance and service.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop relevant DOR and large state level relationships with all state DORs, focusing primarily on prospects that will be solicited by RFx in the next 24 months, as well as any relationships/contracts that can be created without solicitation/RFx
- Travel to customer locations in the assigned territory within the US or Canada. Travel is estimated to be approximately 30%.
- Strategically prospect while traveling, maximizing the travel opportunity to build business through new accounts as well as current accounts
- Meet and exceed sales goals/KPIs by employing sophisticated sales techniques to increase average placement amount, increase placement frequency, and drive brand diversity in alignment with company goals
- Work closely with all departments to insure the proper handling of administrative and procedural tasks related to contracts, new business placements, and the resolution of issues when required; Act as the point of contact during contract implementation facilitating the successful implementation of the contract by working with company departments
- Conceive, develop and present ideas, enhancements and solutions to address challenges
- Ability to manage expenses and adhere to company policies.
- Communicate industry changes to clients, prospects, and internally.
- Utilize customer relationship management software for management of relationships and forecasting; all communication efforts and opportunity tracking shall be maintained in this manner.
- The Account Executive may have a variety of other duties and responsibilities as needed or assigned. Responsibilities may change and grow over time.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Associates degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in business administration, marketing, or related field required. Equivalent work experience in similar position may be substituted for educational requirement.
- Minimum three (3) years of sales experience, five (5) years preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of modern office procedures, methods, and computer equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Establish a good working relationship with team members and internal contacts in order to maintain and continuously strive to improve the level of overall service being provided.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to comply with rules, regulations, laws and methods as related to debt collection.
- Work independently in the absence of immediate supervision.
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems.
- Successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) background check.
- Travel may be involved and required.
Work may require frequent weekend and evening work. This position has travel requirements and may require overnight travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential job functions but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities required by the job incumbent. Nothing in the herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Coast Professional, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.