Professionally promotes and sells Snap-on branded and non-branded products primarily to federal government and related contractors. Superior customer service skills are a must as well as the ability to develop and maintain contacts and professional relationships within assigned territory/accounts. The ideal candidate will reside in the Lancaster-Palmdale, Valencia, Santa Clarita or California City, CA area.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills to service both internal and external customers
- Professionally promotes and sells Snap-on branded and non-branded product to the Industrial/Government market.
- Develop sales plan to achieve sales goal established for assigned territory by utilizing product mix, proper discount, and related contract pricing.
- Maintains a regular call schedule on customers, and prospects for new customers within the assigned account structure.
- Represents the company in providing Warranty and/or services for Snap-on products according to company warranty policy.
- Explicitly follows the conditions of the Federal Acquisitions Regulations in all efforts with military and government installations.
- Maintains a professional and personal business image at all times to reflect an open, honest position of the highest integrity for Snap-on.
- Analyze all accounts and develop sales strategies based on customer type
- Penetrate existing accounts to expand market share.
- 3-5 years prior outside sales experience is required.
- Thorough understanding of the Federal Governments supply and requisition/procurement systems is required.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Prior military experience is desired.
- Military background in repair of aircraft, ships or special purpose vehicles a plus.
- Ability to penetrate layers of government facilities to reach key decision makers.
- Executive selling skills, negotiation skills and timing skills.
- Strong organizational and sales skills with a keen sense of urgency and awareness to customer requirements.
- Excellent communication/listening skills, written and verbal skills with impeccable personal presentation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must have technical/critical thinking knowledge to assist customers with specific application requirements.
- Knowledge of Snap-on products, services, conditions of sales and warranty policy is a plus.
- Must hold and maintain all required credentials including a valid driver license with an impeccable driving record is required as well as the ability to acquire adequate auto insurance.
- Physical requirements apply.
- Some overnight travel may be required.
Snap-on offers a competitive compensation package, which includes a base expense, commissions, plus sales bonus opportunity. Snap-on also offers a complete benefits package which includes: medical, vision, dental, life insurance, 401(K) Savings and offers a company paid retirement plan and many other benefits.
Snap-on is a drug free work environment and welcomes all qualified candidates to apply. Local candidates in the Lancaster-Palmdale, CA area are strongly encouraged to apply, since we are not offering relocation assistance at this time.
Snap-on is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran