Illumina is seeking a Government Affairs Coordinator who will support the Global Government Affairs & Public Policy team. The role will be based out of Illumina's i3 campus. This person will help to drive actions to impact the overall success of the Global Government Affairs & Public Policy team.
All About You
Desired Competencies and Characteristics:
- Highly detail-oriented and conscientious
- Collaborative, with strong teamwork orientation
- High degree of integrity and accountability
- Self-aware, able to show a flexible communication style and build strong relationships
- Strong professionalism; ability to maintain a calm demeanor under pressure
- Openness to change, flexibility and desire to learn and grow
- Ability to leverage and connect with the right resources to get work done with a creative, positive, problem-solving orientation
- Ability to quickly navigate competing requests and prioritize according to business needs
- Self-starter who is able to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong collaboration skills to work with others to get work completed
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on sensitive information
- Provides complex, diverse and confidential administrative duties for the Global Government Affairs team.
- Makes administrative decisions, handles correspondence and makes appointments.
- Handles functional and employee details of a highly confidential and sensitive nature.
- Collects and prepares information for use in discussions and meetings.
- Coordinates, creates, edits and assembles slides for presentations.
- Arranges department and group meetings ensuring all necessary information is available for discussion; helps track department level projects, activities and results.
- Coordinates domestic and international travel arrangements.
- Utilizes appropriately in-depth knowledge of organizational operations, policies and procedures.
- Schedules meetings and organize conference rooms across multiple sites and time zones.
- Captures meeting notes and action items and assist the team to drive them to closure.
- Assists with the tracking and submission of expense reports.
- Organizes group meetings and events, both on site and off site. Is responsible for setting up the meetings and coordinating all aspects of the meeting/events.
- 6 years of administrative experience in a mid- to large-sized company
- Experience working with confidential and sensitive information.
- High level of proficiency with Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Working experience with video conferencing tools (Webex, Bluejeans, etc.).
- Experience with calendar management, project meeting and event planning execution, preparation of executive level presentations, travel and expense report administration.
- Prefer a Bachelor's with degrees in English or Communications or any other relevant degree; High School diploma required.