Position Description Overview
We are seeking a Consultant / Senior Business Analyst with Medicaid subject matter expertise to support our project portfolio in Nebraska. We are supporting the state for a variety of endeavors, providing Independent Verification and Validation Services to include Eligibility And Enrollment, MMIS Data Management and Analytics, Provider Management, EDI Platform Migration, and Claims and Enrollment Broker Services. The majority of the work is performed in Lincoln, NE. Depending on the specific project the role supports, duties may include:
- Supporting the project manager to complete deliverables through the various project phases (Initiation, Planning, Execution and Control, and Closing)
- Initiation: Confirming project scope and objective, contributing to the draft IV&V Management and Work Plans, and creating deliverable schedule and tracking tool
- Execution and Control: WBS and Work Plan Review, Change Order Review, Requirements Analysis, Design Analysis, Testing Analysis, Implementation Analysis, Data Conversion Analysis, Maintenance and Operations Analysis
- Closing: Lessons learned, posting of final deliverables, and completion of project financials
- Supporting Project Manager to ensure projects are delivered on-time according to client requirements, on budget, while meeting all of the customers’ business requirements (in scope) as detailed in the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) and/or Statement of Work
- Adhering to PMBOK methodologies
First Data (NYSE: FDC) is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology, serving approximately six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in more than 100 countries around the world. The company’s 22,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world’s largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 3,000 transactions per second and $2.4 trillion per year. To learn more about First Data, visit FirstData.com.
- We are specifically seeking employees with experience in State Government Human Services Systems. That includes Health Benefit Exchange, MMIS, Medicaid, Medicare, Integrated Eligibility Systems, SNAP / TANF, Health Information Exchange, WIC/EBT, Child Support and Child Welfare (SACWIS) Systems and other IT Systems that support human services programs. Your experience may be as a state government employee or as a third party consultant.
- Capability and willingness to embrace change and quickly adapt to new situations, shifts in direction and priorities, both from a client and internal perspective
- Exhibits behaviors consistent with First Data leadership principles: 1) Builds and focuses teams, 2) Inspires and engages others, 3) Drives customer success, 4) Accelerates change and innovation, Delivers operational excellence
- Preferred: Independent Verification & Validation experience
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in business analysis and implementation of robust data collection and management projects in the health and human services arena
- Medicaid Subject Matter Expertise
- Functional understanding of the full System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) phases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to plan and facilitate presentations and client meetings, and guide the First Data and client Teams in developing required deliverables and work products
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with clients and/or staff at all levels
- Ability to make complex decisions and recommendations under limited direction and using high degree of initiative and independent judgment
First Data is an Affirmative Action – Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBT)
First Data provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity/expression), disability, veteran status and military status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, or any other factor that may be protected by law.