Government Contracts Specialist
Responsible for compliance with federal contracts and subcontracts -- contracts review, proposal submission, negotiation, execution, performance administration, and closeout.
- Review, negotiate, and approve government contracts and purchase orders, including terms and conditions, Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), and agencies supplemental clauses.
- Review, prepare, and submit proposals and bids.
- Update the PO “Quirk Sheet” which contains the special instructions for any contract and communicate such instructions to customer service.
- Develop and implement processes and systems to comply with government contracts requirements and regulations.
- Register and manage SAM registrations
- Track spending limits.
- Generate reports as required.
- Maintain database of current and expired contracts within the contract management system.
- Prepare and submit Annual Contractor Man Power Reporting (CMRA) – related to the DoD, covering hours of ‘services’ during the prior FY year.
- Conduct government contracts compliance audit including, but not limited to, sales history audit.
- Interface with various groups like sales, order management, legal, finance, quality, etc. across the company and the other affiliates of Thermo Fisher.
- Support Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodology and participate in initiatives as required.
- Monitors and processes Intramall orders
- Serves as contact person for customer service if the Intramall has a question/problem.
- Attend training and conferences on government contracts.
- Perform other duties assigned as required by business.
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Familiarity with BPA, NIH, and Intramall is preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, E1, and SAP
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Good judgment in assessing compliance risks and business and commercial needs.
- Experience in life sciences is highly preferred.
- Detail oriented with a high degree of integrity, intensity and involvement
- Demonstrated ability to work within tight schedules and under pressure, both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative / integrative style of working to reach common goals and objectives
- Must be flexible and receptive to change in the workplace
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Certification in Contracting Management (e.g., CPCM/CFCM/IACCM) would be a plus.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement