Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
The Government Cost Accountant is a key advisor to the Business and Executive Leadership Team, providing guidance as the subject matter expert on Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and by providing interpretations and implementations that maintain a compliant and cooperative Government Relations and Compliance environment at M7 Aerospace.
- Run Oracle processes to interface labor and material costs into the Oracle Project Module.
- Perform monthly, PCL to GL reconciliation and perform any necessary adjustments.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements, streamlining, and automating to reduce the level of effort in daily work routines and to improve efficiencies in management reviews.
- Assist in the Oracle re-burdening (overhead absorption) process.
- Maintain the integrity of labor reporting and correction of gap time (incomplete labor hours reporting)
- Perform other related duties and projects as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, SKILL, AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Expert Level in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent time management skills to manage competing demands and achieve on time reporting
- Very strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Work cross functionally with business unit finance teams
- Experience with Oracle is a plus
- Experience in a Job Cost/Projects accounting environment preferred
- DoD experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of a demonstrated diverse financial background, including experience in finance/accounting with federal government contract.
- Experience with FAR/DFARS and CAS.
- Must be motivated, flexible and able to work with minimal oversight.
- Exposure to Program Management and automated project control systems.
- Ability to work with and knowledge of general defense contracting principles.