At JP Morgan Chase, we have an obsession for helping our clients, taking care of our employees, a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion, building relationships, and delivering extraordinary customer service. Our Business Banking Government Not-for-Profit (GNP) segment serves the banking needs of Municipalities & Non Profit Organizations. As a Relationship Advisor (RA) you will be helping to improve the lives of our clients and the well-being of their organizations through financial solutions, education and advice. The RA manages a portfolio of GNP clients by building relationships and providing financial advice with a focus on client experience and risk management. Business Banking is looking for an RA to identify business opportunities by deepening existing relationships within an assigned portfolio.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (in order of importance)
• Provide the best in client advice and service and develop the relationship to ensure a seamless client experience throughout Chase.
• Manage and retain a portfolio of GNP clients via phone including Not-for-Profit relationships up to $5,000,000 in non-complex deposits; identify and manage credit opportunities up to $250,000.
• Deliver an outstanding experience to Chase GNP clients by providing comprehensive and customized business banking solutions tailored to the financial needs and circumstances of the organizations. Use knowledge of banking, risk management, and industry trends to identify, recommend, and promote solutions that best serve the client while still working within risk parameters that protect the bank and ensure profitability of the portfolio.
• Conduct regularly-scheduled, agenda-based meetings with each client to profile client needs and goals. Identify their organizational needs, analyze current product usage, and pinpoint service growth opportunities primarily through virtual contact (phone and video conferences).
• Understand clients’ technical capabilities and gaps, and how to position Chase Cash Management, Card, and Merchant Services solutions against them. Develop and present proposals for Cash Management solutions, partnering with Chase Cash Management team on more unique solutions.
• Own client experience survey results for all assigned clients and serve as the standard bearer of Business Banking in response to client feedback that requires additional assistance or resolution.
• Protect the firm by following sound risk management protocols and adhering to regulatory requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• 1 to 3 years of experience in a business banking relationship management role or related business experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field, or equivalent work experience strongly preferred.
• Understanding of core business products and services, including cash management and deposits.
• Ability to identify opportunities and issues by asking targeted questions to assess current client needs and goals and to present features and benefits of solutions to unique customers with differing needs.
• Strong communication skills with individuals at all levels, internally and externally.
• Results-oriented, client-focused with a bias for action and sense of urgency; performs well in a centralized team environment.
• Ability to recognize procedural or documentation gaps and own resolution to protect both the client and firm.
• Ability to determine and balance priorities on a daily basis to achieve business objectives.
• Demonstrated ability to own problems on clients’ behalf and follow through with commitments.