At HCSC, our purpose is to “Do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health.” Within the Health Tech Group, we unleash the power of HCSC’s purpose by providing innovative technology solutions that enable our business to meet the changing needs of our customers (ie. members, employers, and providers) and the employees who interact with us.
The Government Programs Line of Business Portfolio partners with business leaders to drive business/Health Tech strategy development, solution discovery, service management, risk management and relationship management. The GPD Portfolio Leader manages a team of professionals responsible for service delivery through a PaaS vendor, custom developed apps and matrixed HealthTech portfolios for a line of business.
We’re looking for a seasoned health insurance leader with government programs experience who has demonstrated success collaborating in a highly matrixed organization, who focuses on strategy and outcomes in partnership with our business. A person who not only embraces change, but accelerates it. If you are a self-directed, highly motivated technology innovator; this position is a fit for you.
This position is responsible for serving as the strategic partner to a Government Programs line of business for the purpose of business/HealthTech strategy development, solution development, service management, risk management and relationship management. Serves as the business relationship linkage between Government Programs line-of-business, HealthTech Portfolios, HealthTech shared services and HealthTech services vendors. Communicates decisions, priorities and relevant project and operations information to appropriate levels of staff regarding Government Programs business requests, performance, projects and initiatives. Proactively shares knowledge of technology risks and opportunities to build competitive advantage and improve efficiency and effectiveness of Government Programs business. Focuses on strategic initiatives and plans, proactive, anticipatory and driving in nature and provides significant value to Government Programs business. Facilitates the planning and execution of business changes through the use of technology. Serves as lead role in enabling the business to achieve their objectives through the effective use of technology.
This leader is:
- Highly disciplined and effective in matrixed environments
- Passionate about organization quality, speed, and effectiveness
- Has industry and technology perspectives and can apply those perspectives at scale
- Cares deeply about growing the capabilities of people and teams
- Committed to providing access to care for our members
* Bachelor degree or equivalent industry experience
* 12 years diverse business and technology experience with a thorough understanding of business and industry the technology is supporting.
* Responsibility for $5M+ operations budget and $20M+ project budget, with 6+ years of leadership, team building, coaching and counseling skills with at least 5 years’ experience in a management position.
* Significant experience with technology leadership in a managed care organization or government programs
* Strategic thinker who builds relationships to drive alignment across all levels of the organization.
* Leadership of multi-discipline, high performance work teams/groups.
* Drive build vs. buy decisions for new capabilities in collaboration with HealthTech teams and business stakeholders
* Experience in financial management
* Strong and concise written and verbal communication skills including executive level presentations
* Competency in project management and execution of multiple large projects, including managing resources across multiple projects to meet goals.
* Knowledge of sourcing methodologies and governing strategic vendors to ensure cost effective and quality skilled resources
* Ability to lead dynamically and energize multi-discipline work teams to learn and apply new skills/techniques to respond to business needs
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
* Experience with the Medicaid and/or Medicare Market segments and the processes / systems that support those segments
* Ability to exercise significant influence across the IT organization, based on the “why”, to deliver high-quality solutions
* Understanding and demonstrated application of agile / lean methodologies
* Demonstrated ability to build and mentor a set of high-performing individuals into a high-performing team.
* Natural inclination for fact-based decision making and problem solving
* Willingness to challenge the status quo of the current HealthTech and business practices
* Has relevant experience with change management across large HealthTech organizations
Location: IL - Chicago, TX - Richardson
Activation Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2019
Expiration Date: Saturday, June 1, 2019