Crown Castle works around the country to build and maintain the infrastructure behind the world’s most revolutionary technologies. Crown Castle owns, operates and leases more than 40,000 cell towers and over 80,000 route miles of fiber supporting small cells and fiber solutions across every major US market. This nationwide portfolio of communications infrastructure connects cities and communities to essential data, technology and wireless service – bringing information, ideas and innovations to the people and businesses that need them. Crown Castle is an S&P 500 company and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the United States with an enterprise value of more than $80 billion.
Position Title: Government and Regulatory Affairs Manager or Counsel* (8E)
*Job title and grade level will be determined commensurate with experience
This role is a key contributor to Crown’s federal advocacy efforts in Washington, DC., including, but not limited to regulatory and legislative policy development and strategy.
Essential Job Functions
- Contributes to the evolution and execution of the Company’s strategic and business plans, providing input and leadership to support the Company’s growth objectives and proactively address challenges through legislative and regulatory advocacy.
- Monitors and advises senior leadership team on federal regulatory and legislative matters.
- Contributes to the development of complex policy strategies and initiatives designed to promote Crown’s assets and business model before federal regulatory and legislative decision makers and industry associations.
- Prepares for and hosts meetings and briefings between government executives and Crown Castle leaders to facilitate achievement of company business objectives, including meetings in Washington D.C. and network tours in the field.
- Represents Crown Castle at relevant trade associations, ensuring that the company’s interests are reflected in trade association advocacy and shares relevant information with teammates
- Develops federal issue advocacy campaigns to promote federal legislative and regulatory objectives, including messaging and coalition building.
- Assists with producing blogs and social media posts to advance Crown Castle’s federal advocacy message and strategy.
- Builds strong relationships with Crown Castle’s state and local government affairs team to facilitate close collaboration on advocacy efforts.
- Work with product, sales and corporate development teams to drive policy initiatives that align with product and sales strategy.
- Ability to understand how technical language in legislative and regulatory proposals could affect Crown Castle’s business, identify business implications, and synthesize policy documents for internal customers.
- BS/BA required
- JD or Advanced Degree preferred, but not strictly required
- Strong relationships in Washington D.C. with industry partners, Congressional staff, and relevant federal agency staff, including FCC, NTIA, and FAA.
- A thorough understanding of the regulatory and legislative process, including knowledge of the roles and decision points in key federal agencies, the White House as well as think tanks and trade associations.
- Five to seven (5-7) years of experience in Washington D.C. as a government affairs leader, or staffer working in Congress or at a relevant government department or agency.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of communications industry and telecom infrastructure policy, regulations and legislation.
- Knowledge of FAA and UAS regulation.
- Exceptional strategic thinking and interpersonal communications skills.
- Detail oriented, with focus on addressing challenges and solving problems for business.
- Strong relationship-building ability that fosters trust and collaboration with government officials, industry leaders and company stakeholders.
- Personal attributes include high level of integrity, dependability, and good sense of humor with a strong sense of urgency to achieve business results.
Reports to: Vice President, Government and Regulatory Affairs
Crown Castle is an Equal Opportunity Employer