Government Relations Intern (Summer 2019)
Org Marketing Statement
Are you fun, highly motivated; like challenges; collaborative; committed to delivering high quality work? If so, then you may be a great candidate for our CNB Team!
Cherokee Nation Businesses (CNB) is the economic engine of the Cherokee Nation - the largest Indian Nation in the United States. CNB owns companies in the gaming, hospitality, information technology, health care, personnel services, distribution, manufacturing, telecommunications, environmental services, and security and defense industries. We are looking for highly motivated and entrepreneurial leaders to join our team to build upon and further develop our growing and diverse portfolio of businesses.
This position will work within a designated department in order to gain valuable knowledge and work experience in a professional setting.
Essential duties include:
- Staff various government related events
- Support the drafting of resolutions and letters to government officials
- Support comments on legislation and other government related documents
Conditions of employment:
Potential employees must be 18 years of age or older. The potential employee must be able to pass a drug test and background check. If you meet the minimum qualifications and are motivated to provide outstanding customer service, we hope you will apply for a position with us.
Education and Experience
Enrolled in an accredited college or university pursing a degree; recent high school graduate who has been accepted into a college or university or a currently pursuing certification or licensing through a trade school.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Effective written, communication, analytical and computer skills including working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to learn commonly used concepts, practices and procedures.
- Ability to set priorities, work in a group environment or independently in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to maintain a positive professional working relationship with leadership and co-workers.
- Ability to identify solutions, or approaches to problems.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Cherokee Nation Gaming License.
This position may be performed in a variety of office settings, including, climate controlled office settings and/or casino floors which includes exposure to smoke and crowd noise. Some travel is required with this position.
Cherokee Nation Businesses is a Native American Preference Employer.