Colonna's Shipyard is looking to obtain experienced candidates within our Operations Department.
We are pleased to accept resumes for Superintendent/Project Manager.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay, based on experience, and immediate work within our headquarters in Norfolk, VA.
- Administer every aspect of ship repair projects including purchasing, planning and scheduling, production oversight, contractual modifications, final bill settling, and invoicing
- Oversee all technical ship repair work including machinery overhauls, steel work, paint application, electrical modifications, piping repairs and installations, and propulsion plants.
- Analyze work specifications and technical drawings along with shop Resource Manager to determine work scope, necessary man power, and work schedule for overhaul periods
- Oversee all material acquisitions, including all Government Furnished Material oversight, for jobs from technical drawings and work specifications.
- Contract and oversee, subcontractors from solicitation to completion of work
- Negotiate contractual changes and growth work with customers
- Work with estimating department to put together bid packages based on specifications provided including subcontractor pricing, material costs, and production schedules
- Supervise job sites and projects to all Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations including training customers on safety and compliance rules
- Act as liaison between the American Bureau of Shipping and the United States Coast Guard and other regulatory agencies and the customer ensuring rule compliance and quality craftsmanship
- Responsible for all quality assurance test and inspection plan implementation and completion for projects
- Manage customer relationships by quality work and fair dealings
- Must be proficient in cost planning and budgeting to determine the project's cost baseline
- Determine the scope of the work package
- Communicate work package requirements to the trade supervisors
- Approve all time charges and material expenditures, unless specifically delegated some to assigned Supervisors
- Work closely with his assigned Shipyard Supervisors and ensure that they understand their areas of responsibility.
- Monitor the Physical progress accomplished each week and maintain schedule based on performance.
- Review and redistribute the "estimate" in order to establish craft budgets
- Approve all subcontracts and requests for temporary labor
- Verify that all subcontract purchase order values are kept current and that increases and decreases are processed quickly so that job cost can be determined
- Approve all requests for material and rental equipment
- Overall responsibility for schedule adherence
- Represent the company in discussions with the customer regarding schedule and support the contract group in developing support for "schedule impact" on change orders when warranted
- Draft or oversee all Condition Reports and Required Reports for submittal to the customer
- Assist in developing and implementing any recovery schedule
- Be the primary point of contact with the customer
- Must have regular, reliable attendance
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment- hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe boots/shoes and, when necessary, respirator
- 10 years of experience in Ship Repair in a Management type capacity running multi-trade crews on Commercial and/or Naval vessels
- 5+ years of experience overseeing multiple projects concurrently
- A clear understanding of cost planning and scheduling
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Project
- Experience in dry docks and vessel inspections
- Strong planning and project management skills
- Improvement and achievement orientated
- Attention to detail and documentation
- Thorough knowledge of ship repair processes and sequences
- Ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
Compensation & Benefits
Position compensation is based on experience.
Our benefits include: • Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance• 401K, company match• Paid Time Off (PTO)• Legal Services• Annual performance evaluations • On-site Human Resources• On-site gym• Free and close proximity parking• Employee perks/gifts and more
All resumes are reviewed immediately for consideration.
Colonna’s Shipyard and our affiliates are pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE / M / F / DISABILITY / VET
These are our VALUES and the guidelines that make us a leader in our industry. We are pleased and confident in stating that our skilled employees are among the most respected experts in the ship repair industry.