- Job Type: Full-Time
- Location: Denver Division - operating primarily in Colorado
- Minimum Years of Experience: 1 Year
- Willing to Travel
- Specialty: Heavy Highway/Airfield
- Must be Eligible to Work in the US
IHC is a nationally known, full-service heavy-civil contractor, specializing in building highways, airfields, streets and local roads, parking lots, industrial pavements, and water resource projects. In business for over 70 years, IHC’s primary market areas include the Rocky Mountain, Midwest, and Southwest regions of the United States. A leader in concrete paving innovation and quality, IHC currently ranks in the Top 400 ENR Contractors and employs 350 employees annually.
The GPS/Grade Checker will be responsible for set up and operations of our Topcon grade control equipment while performing fine grading, light balancing, and sometimes heavy grading in IHC’s Denver Division. Grading work will be done in conjunction with other IHC operations like treated or untreated bases, cement stabilized soils, and concrete paving. The GPS/Grade Checker will be responsible for achieving optimum utilization of the equipment. Strong technical knowledge of GPS systems and grade control is a must. The GPS/Grade Checker will work cooperatively with all other IHC operations in the production and placement of high quality subgrade.
Applicant must be able and willing to work on remote projects in Colorado and neighboring states; work under very rigorous conditions – long hours and 6 to 7 days a week at times. Good communication skills are required and an ability to focus on tasks at hand, be a self-motivator, and to work well with others. Base hourly wage and Davis Bacon classification/hourly wage will be established and/or negotiated commensurate with specific experience and qualifications. Applicant must be at least 18 years old.
This is outside work in all types of environments, weather conditions, and all seasons. Due to the nature of the position, regular and timely attendance is essential and must conform to the company's hours of operation. Construction background required, prefer paving or heavy/highway construction experience. Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus
- Valid ID, background check, and drug screening are required for all applicants.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in grading work on highway and airfield project(s) and Topcon or similar equipment.
- Excellent people skills & works well with others – team player!
- Self starter & educator
- High School Diploma or GED
A comprehensive benefits package is provided to meet the needs of our employees at an affordable cost. IHC pays the entire cost for some benefits and others require employee cost-sharing.
- Dental (Class I & II)
- Company-paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Hourly Travel Incentive plans
- Retirement Plan Contribution
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Employee Recognition plans (based on years of service)