Job ID: 205141
HK Contractors, a CRH company, is a member of the CRH West Division; Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be the preferred source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
This position involves various manual and grading tasks including, but not limited to: setting grade markers; monitors grade to guide earth moving equipment operators in sloping and fill embankments; operates and understands the use of a variety of measuring instruments and hand tools. Work will be performed per the supervisor's instruction, free from direct supervision except for more complicated jobs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads and sets grade markers in accordance to construction plans.
- Operates and ensures accurate use of grade equipment.
- Operates SCS 900 Trimble Rover
- Is to work on time and fit for duty
- Observes excavating activities to verify conformance to marker references and notifies equipment operators and supervisor of deviations.
- Interacts and professionally communicates with construction crew members who are facilitating alignment, movement, and adjustment of the equipment to complete conformation of grade specifications for the construction project.
- Familiar, and able to inspect Automated Machine Guidance (“AMG”) equipment for accurate and safe day-to-day operation with the ability to provide general maintenance needs.
- Familiar with and proficiently utilizes Trimble Business Center
- Trimble Business Center (“T.B.C”) for the setup and transferring of files, with a competency of producing maps and surfaces for quantity comparison.
- Familiar with installation and setup of GPS job site systems and troubleshooting general technical issues.
- Familiar with completing original surface topographical mapping.
- May perform various other labor-intensive activities as instructed by supervisor to help insure timely project completion.
- Self-sufficient, capable of following direction and working unsupervised when needed.
- General computer operation.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or GED is preferred.
- Two (2) years related experience is preferred with the willingness to learn.
- Willingness and ability to travel to and from job sites.
- Ability to understand and operate GPS Rover is preferred or willingness to learn.
- Aptitude to follow verbal and written instruction.
- Concentration, alertness, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with others and/or independently under minimal supervision.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions
- Valid Driver’s License is required.
- General computer operation is necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- GRIP – with at least 90 lbs. of force
- CLIMBING – in, around, and on equipment
- HEAVY LIFTING – of extremely awkward parts and equipment up to75 lbs. from floor to waist
- CARRYING – awkward parts and equipment up to 75 lbs. for 50 feet or more
- HIGH LIFT – of up to 50 lbs. floor to shoulder
- FLEXIBILITY – awkward reaches
- BALANCE – including standing and walking on extremely slick and uneven surfaces while carrying.
- VISION – 20/40 corrected vision to see moving safety hazards, moving equipment, vehicles, and obstructions
- HEARING – corrected to hear verbal safety warnings and instructions from coworkers
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- JS_8.2.3,JS_126.96.36.199,JS_188.8.131.52,JS_8.2.5,JS_184.108.40.206,JS_220.127.116.11,JS_8.5.10,JS_18.104.22.168,JS_22.214.171.124,JS_8.5.11,JS_126.96.36.199,JS_188.8.131.52,JS_184.108.40.206,JS_220.127.116.11,JS_8.5.12,JS_18.104.22.168,JS_22.214.171.124,JS_126.96.36.199,JS_8.5.2,JS_188.8.131.52,JS_184.108.40.206,JS_220.127.116.11,JS_8.5.3,JS_18.104.22.168,JS_22.214.171.124,JS_126.96.36.199Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
HK Contractors is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.