The Graduate Pharmacy Intern works under the general guidance and supervision of the Pharmacy Manager (PIC) to assist in the overall operation of the site pharmacy operation. Provides a contemporary patient-centric retail pharmacy focus by taking time to speak to patients and establish high quality professional care to customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
Responsible for helping the store pharmacy operations achieve their planned business objectives.
- Assists in the operation of assigned pharmacy which includes providing exceptional customer service, sales, gross margin improvements, inventory purchasing and management, expense control.
- Ensures location compliance to all local, state, federal laws, and company policies and procedures.
- Understands and complies with Policy and Procedure Standards.
Active role in delivering the Pharmacy Care programs, including immunizations, injections, testing, and adherence platforms under supervision of the pharmacist.
- Timely successful completion of APHA immunization and other required training or the equivalent.
- Monitors patients to ensure therapeutic outcomes and minimize adverse drug effects.
- Consults patients in a professional manner to ensure patient understanding of drug therapy plans, awareness of drug interactions, and outcomes.
- Participates in adherence programs to increase pharmacy performance measures. These include OutcomesMTM, EQUiPP, and OptumRx platforms.
- Demonstrates consistent delivery of quality clinical service to
- Performs medication therapy management with patients and offer consultation to improve therapeutic outcomes.
- Attainment of site sales, profitability, and labor
- Demonstrates knowledge and support for continuous quality improvement programs in the location.
- Demonstrates and supports the professional image of the
In conjunction with senior leadership, assists in developing and implementing store programs to meet sales objectives and increase prescription volume.
- Provides the Pharmacy Manager and Store Director updates on Pharmacy operations.
- Confront complex pharmacy operational issues with situation specific business solutions in alignment with site management goals and objectives.
- Participative role in developing open communications between store staff and pharmacy group so as to improve morale, awareness of company programs, and support of Company objectives.
Performs all duties related to the preparation, dispensing and sale of prescription and pharmacy related products under supervision of a pharmacist.
- Provides superior customer service combined with efficiency in processing scripts.
- Supports the efficient workflow of the pharmacy and assists the pharmacy manager in identifying ways to optimize pharmacy financials, inventory management and enhance customer experience.
- Serves as a role model to team members in the areas of sales focus, customer service and stewardship.
- Maintains a professional attitude and image; leads by professional example.
- Accurately reviews, interprets, and fills prescriptions/orders to ensure patient
- Graduate of Pharmacy School with a BS or Doctor of Pharmacy.
- State-issued license for Pharmacy Intern in state where working.
- Knowledge of laws governing OTC drugs, pharmacy products and third-party plans.
- Self-motivated with the ability to complete work with a minimum of supervision under rigid time constraints.
- Customer relations skills including meeting customer needs and establishing an exceptional service environment.
- Demonstrates sound business ethics.
- Working knowledge of computer skills including Microsoft office, Access, Excel, and Word
- Detail oriented with ability to prioritize work.
- Interpersonal skills including building relationships and conflict resolution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capability to effectively understand customer and employee inquiries.
- Ability to work different schedules to meet store and customer needs.
Must have State-issued license for Pharmacy Intern in state where working.
Immunization certifications as required.