Grading Foreman - Curb & Gutter Division
Zenith Tech Inc., a Walbec Group Company
Position summary: Under the direction of the ZTI Construction Manager, the ZTI Grading Foreman is responsible for accurate reporting of materials, equipment and hours of work as well as the management and safety of the personnel on their crew and the safety of the public.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Coordinating and supervising activities of one or more crews for a project
- Allotting crews to their respective duties and making sure that they have the appropriate training and tools so that they can execute their jobs accurately
- Executing accident and incident reports
- Create progress reports and ensure any significant information is communicated to the ZTI Construction manager or General Construction Manager timely
- Making sure regulatory needs and safety measures are maintained
- Checking line and grade
- Use machinery to move construction materials, earth and other heavy materials as needed
- Operate a variety of power construction equipment as needed
- Capable of reading and understanding grade stakes, automated machine control cab displays, etc.
- Able to properly utilize equipment to accomplish tasks involving grade, slope, yield, etc.
- Able to safely maneuver machinery in tight quarters, around people, traffic and utilities
- Assessing the fastest and easiest way to complete a job without sacrificing quality of the work being done
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- Clean, maintain and secure all equipment
- Assist with repairs as needed
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience within the construction trade
- Valid Driver's License and considered insurable by insurance standards
- Two (2) to Four (4) years of experience in a sub-foreman role
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Prior leadership experience
- Ability to communicate to others to convey information effectively, either by telephone, in written form, email, or in person
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to manage own time and the time of others
- Ability to motivate, develop and direct people
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.