Graduation and Transcript Services Coordinator II
Job Code: 1244
Division: Student Affairs
Reports to: Registrar
Positions Supervised: Transfer Specialist I and Administrative Assistant I
Location: Main Campus
The Coordinator of Graduation and Transcript Services serves as the primary contact for reviewing graduation requirements, policies, degree/certificate audit evaluations and oversees the evaluation of transfer and non-traditional credits. They supervise the receipt of high school and college transcripts and release Official Kansas City Kansas Community College transcripts in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
Position Qualifications and/or Education
Minimum Qualifications and/or Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- Two (2) years of office experience
- Excellent organization skills
Preferred Qualifications and/or Education
- Master’s Degree
- Working knowledge of an electronic transcript delivery system, Parchment
- Working knowledge of a web-based student information system, Ellucian
- Minimum two years of work experience in a higher educational institution, Registrar’s Office
- Prior event planning experience, such as graduate ceremony experience
- Fluent Spanish speaker
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as the ability to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, talk, hear, walk, and sit. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift items.
40 hours per week, during the Registrar’s Office regular hours of Monday – Thursday, 7:30 am – 6:00 pm and Friday 7:30 am – 4:30 pm. Must be able to work a variable schedule/hour to meet operational needs. May require working evenings, weekends and remotely as needed.
Pay grade level: Grade 14
Compensation: $47,193 - $58,991
Employee category: Staff
Position Type: Full-Time
FLSA status: Exempt
- Read the job announcement carefully noting the minimum qualifications and required information. Note that information contained in your application materials will be used to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. Make sure you complete/submit all the documents listed as required.
- During the application process, unofficial transcripts may be submitted. However, please note that upon selection for hire, you will be required to submit official transcripts.
- Ensure that your transcripts show that a degree was awarded or conferred if you are stating that it is your highest level of education completed. If you certify your level of education and it cannot be verified from your transcript(s), your application may not be referred to the selection committee.
- Foreign degrees are acceptable provided they have been translated and/or shown to have equivalency to a United States: Associate, Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate level degree.
- Documentation verifying completion of a degree, course work within a discipline, or other educational criteria should be electronically attached (uploaded) to your application.
- Three (3) professional references with phone number and email addresses are required.
- A college selection committee is responsible for application review and interviews. The final candidate(s) selected to be hired will be made by the hiring manager.
- Successful completion of a background check on all persons recommended for employment is required Individual hiring departments may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process.
***This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This job description may be revised upon development of other duties and changes in responsibilities.