Grant Management Specialist II - Washington DC (ID#14714)
**Active SECRET clearance required**
Candidates without a clearance will not be considered.
Cherokee Nation Mission Solutions (CNMS) is committed to delivering innovative solutions to solve its clients' toughest problems, whether it be in the next state or around the world. CNMS utilizes the most qualified teams to support each client's mission, providing responsive, strategic and innovative paths forward. CNMS makes it a priority to build personal, business relationships with each client and to consistently go above and beyond their expectations.
The contractor shall support U.S. Government representatives in all stages of the award process to ensure efficient and accurate communication with grantees/implementers. The contractor shall have the technical ability for activities including, but not limited to, communicating with the grantee during the pre-award phase on behalf of the Grant Officer (GO) and Project Officer (PO), organizing meetings between POs, GOs and grantees, providing technical assistance during award execution, assisting with award closeout, working on grant compliance activities, assisting in grant reviews or other inquiries, and other duties as assigned.
The following GMS skills are preferred. A GMS' relevant experience will assist in determining the hiring level of specific staffing, as outlined below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- During the pre-award phase, NEA advertises requests for applications or Notice of Funding Opportunities (NOFO) and receives multiple application responses, each of which needs to be logged and organized in order to distribute to reviewers. Once applications are logged, review panels are developed, where the contract shall be responsible for organizing and managing the aspects of the review panel process.
- The GMS will be responsible for tracking submissions, organizing the review panels, compiling questions and working with GOs and POs for responses, and compiling any additional communication.
- Each panel will require logistical management, possibly travel facilitation for attendees; honorariums, where appropriate and approved; meeting space (possibly on-site or off-site); and supplies.
- The contractor must also establish an acceptable mechanism with which to accurately tracker all costs associated with panel reviews and facilitation.
- The active award process support may include the following: technical assistance, timely and effective budget negotiation, preparation of award action documentation, and support in the development of Statements of Work (SOW); assist GOs and POs with the development and management of awards incorporating goals and evaluation schedules.
- The contractor will also facilitate awarded grantee access to the grant database management system, as necessary, facilitate grantee travel and payment authorizations, and providing support for award file documentation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Be a junior GMS, with limited knowledge of U.S. Government grant regulations and policies and demonstrated relevant qualifications.
- GMS II candidate will show expanded skills from the GMS I, and have strong skills in decision-making and exhibit strong organizational skills.
- Education: Bachelor's with 1 year of experience
Controlled climate office environment.
With $400 million in annual revenue, 20% growth per year, approximately 950+ active contracts serving 60+ government agencies in 25 countries, 47 states, 2 territories and 2000+ employees, Cherokee Nation Businesses' (CNB) group of Federal Contracting Section 8(a) companies is well positioned to deliver expertise needed to solve complex technical issues. Federal Solutions provides an array of services for 12 of the 15 cabinet-level departments and agencies - from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense.
Why consider Cherokee Nation and our Federal Solutions business? Here are some great resources highlighting what we do and compelling reasons for joining our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.