The West Virginia University School of Public Health is seeking applications for a Grants Administrator. This position is responsible for managing and providing centralized pre- and post-award grants administration support through the development of strategies to meet and improve the research mission and goals. This position will report directly to the SPH Director of Research Administration. This position will be responsible for providing compliance and regulatory management of pre- and post-award grant administration to members of the SPH community.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Post Award Administration
- Serve as the administrative contact for Central Services for all SPH grantpost-award administration.
- Completes post-award financial and other miscellaneous agency reporting/updates
- Performs analysis and evaluation of data and collaborates with PIs on project’s progress.
- Plans,develops, implements, and monitors the fiscal operations of grants and contracts including state, research corporation, and foundation accounts.
- Remains current on all grant regulations, policies and procedures.
- Creates a statistical database or other electronic filing system to maintain departmental funding records. Create historical data including revenue,trends and future projections.
- Pre-Award Administration
- Assists PIs with grant proposal preparation and submission including the establishment of a timeline and necessary follow-up.
- Initiates and facilitates the preparation of grant applications, prepares agency application form(s), completes all internal processing forms.
- Develop the working budget for all projects.
- Monitor and remain knowledgeable of all current agency funding opportunities and advise PI’s on searching/selecting appropriate grant opportunities that fit within their research.
- Serve as a direct liaison to the Office of Sponsored Programs for the management of all pre-award inquiries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Public Administration or related field of study;
- Or an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience.
- Two (2) years of relevant experience.
- Experience with Pre- and Post- Award Grants Administration including working with proposals and awards.
- Skills in, or knowledge of, professional principles, legal and/or reporting requirements affecting extramurally sponsored projects.
- Experience working with grants/contracts accounting.
- Ability to perform financial calculations, prepare/maintain financial reports, analysis, and summaries for a large customer base.
- Experience in planning and implementing new policies and strategies.
- Experience researching, collecting data to form reports and make recommendations.
- Experience speaking/writing effective, clear, and concise reports.
- Experience with Kuali Coeus and MAP/Oracle is preferred but not mandatory
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prepare, manage, and maintain budgets and financial reports and provide reconciliation reports among clustered accounts.
- Ability to learn and implement WVU, State, and Federal policies and procedures pertaining to budgetary and grant related matters.
- Knowledge of various grant proposal application processes. Must be skilling in working with grants and contracts in a higher educational environment.
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans.