SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Grants Manager is responsible for the full lifecycle of federal and non-federal grant management; and will design and manage new fund development/fundraising programs for the organization. This person will also develop, implement, and execute policies and procedures for the department and assists in the development of policies and procedures for the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for full lifecycle of federal and non-federal grant management; ensures compliance to relevant standards and regulations including HRSA program requirements, FTCA redeeming applications, etc.
- Serves as lead grant writer and writes grant proposals responding to funding opportunities.
- Develops grant projects and work plans.
- Reviews/negotiates grant contracts and agreements.
- Attends monthly supervisors meeting and makes regular report out on grants and Grant Department activities.
- Designs and manages new fund development/fundraising programs that align with the interests and needs of the executive team and Board of Directors.
- Cultivates and stewards new and existing funder and donor relationships.
- Direct supervision of a work-group involving responsibility for results in terms of costs, methods and personnel. Responsible for carrying out supervisory/managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and hiring of employees; planning, assigning, scheduling, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Performs other job duties as required by manager/supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four year college or university.
- At least five (5) years work experience in grant writing and grant management, or in a marketing or administrative department with heavy emphasis on business writing or technical writing.
- At least two (2) years work experience in non-profit fund development or fundraising.
- Very strong writing, copyediting, and verbal communication skills in English is required.
- Strong project planning/project management and budget development skills is required.
- Previous experience with non-profit community health centers or federal grants management highly preferred.
- Previous experience managing/supervising staff highly preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required.
• Fluent reading, writing and speaking in English is required.
This is an FLSA exempt position.
This is not an OSHA high-risk position.